2024 Sidney Reports

Basically from Fairfax Point on the South tip, troll north, along the east side. Directly across from Pender Island. The SW side where your identify with a red line, is closed.
Yeah, we saw sooooo much bait it was boiling in there. I even filmed bait jumping and bait on my sounder. I couldn't believe we didn't even have an undersized spring hit, but I didn't use my white glow hootchi until the powder warf. A day late and a dollar short, story of my life.

Thanks for the reports!

Hamley yesterday. 35 and 51 on the riggers trolling in 53 to 95 feet of water. Herring aid color flasher and spoons were the only thing working.
Nice slab! Did you measure or weigh it?

Edit: your dog is freaking adorable

Fished the evening tide last night at Hamley. One strike and one fish on herring aid Skinny G and green flasher, 85’ on rigger in 130’ of water.

Attachments

• IMG_9192.jpeg
    IMG_9192.jpeg
    311 KB · Views: 34
Fairfax Point, Wednesday, Sept 18th, One 5lb wild Coho at 7am, trolling at 80', Green teaser anchovy. Nothing for the rest of the day "12pm" called er quits

Thinking of taking my boys out tomorrow or Sunday has anyone been successful in the last few days? Hoping for a pointer in the right direction. Is Hamley still good or should we try somewhere else?

Have a wonderful weekend!

Tight lips or is nobody fishing Sidney anymore?
I’m going first light tomorrow. I’ll report

So, what happened put there
My 6 year old got his first salmon off Coal it was right away when we dropped to jig. He had it at the boat before I had the net ready. I just pulled it up on the line, put it at the back of the boat and it spit out the lure and did a few flips and bam back in the water.

Great fishing story, I felt so bad putting it in that spot of the boat the fish could jump out but the boys had fun and he was super excited.

Beautiful day on the water though!

Back