Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy yourself a lighter aluminum handle and net rim net...Scotty nets are well made but heavy. I prefer light which allows you to be quicker handling it. Stuff the handle with foam in a can so it doesn't sink if you drop it...and its still light weight.
Just did that and added a lanyard. Thanks for the tips!

Hi, does anyone know if the First Nations launch in Brentwood Bay is currently open? And second question, are prawns open right now or pulsing ?
Cheers
Thx

We carry 2 or three nets most the time, baught some spray foam cans to fill up the handles, haven't lost one yet since lol

Side note there's a large net at PNT silver handle and blue hoop. It floats it turns out.

Last edited:
Hi, does anyone know if the First Nations launch in Brentwood Bay is currently open? And second question, are prawns open right now or pulsing ?
Cheers
Thx
Ramp is not open, looks like they have finished paving the parking and loop to the ramp

Hi all, heading to Sidney later today for couple days..I've only fished James once before and prob gonna try Saanich inlet while traps soak..curious about Coal..is there a side that tends to produce better or get most of the effort? Tides pretty mild with slight ebb which I'll factor in just thinking bout planning day based on wind if it will be worth trying Coal..

Definitely nice fish around. Checked the traps off Deep Cove, loaded with prawns. Lots of prawns with eggs. Spent a bit of time sorting them and the smalls. the most egged prawns I've seen for this time of year. Hope that is a good sign for the future. Quick one hour fish with an old friend and picked a up 15 lbr, then went in. Out at 11:00 back at 1:30. So lucky to live where we do.

Attachments

• 20231228_135028.jpg
    20231228_135028.jpg
    526.9 KB · Views: 76
Definitely nice fish around. Checked the traps off Deep Cove, loaded with prawns. Lots of prawns with eggs. Spent a bit of time sorting them and the smalls. the most egged prawns I've seen for this time of year. Hope that is a good sign for the future. Quick one hour fish with an old friend and picked a up 15 lbr, then went in. Out at 11:00 back at 1:30. So lucky to live where we do.
Great haul! We are lucky indeed! 🍀

Similar day today. Flat calm. Managed to get a couple of better fish, 70-75 cm ish. after weeding thru all the smaller guys. N. Saanich/Arbutus Isl.
roughly followed the 110 ft contour. No Banana's and glow herring aide spoons.

Prawning was poor. Don't know if we had a visitor or just luck of the draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back