2024 Sidney Reports

Thank you fb. Assume that is wild or marked. Is there any news regarding a msf after March 31?
Just got my boat in the water. Hope to get in a few days before Mar31

Thank you fb. Assume that is wild or marked. Is there any news regarding a msf after March 31?
Just got my boat in the water. Hope to get in a few days before Mar31
It's either right now. I am not up on what DFO proposes for our April fools joke. I am assuming it will be similar to last year.

Did you get the SportfishBC app? It really makes all the in season BS much easier to understand. Except for daily updates, it works off line, so you can keep track of neighboring areas regs. I find it especially handy when fishing off the west coast, or even moving between areas 17,18,19 and all their sub area regulations.

A week before the Big Derby and the Sidney Anglers' guest speaker tomorrow night is Chris Gurr of Rite Angle. He's doing a presentation on cutting herring strip. Three of the four fish caught last weekend in the Sidney Anglers in House derby were caught on strip.

Meeting is tomorrow night 7:30pm Mary Windspear Center.

Attachments

• Rite Angle.pdf
    57.1 KB · Views: 71
Is anyone looking for a ticket to the Sidney Anglers Association Derby this weekend? I have one but can’t make it. Send me a
PM.

I called Mitchel's Excavating last week (they have the contract to build the dock) and they stated that they are just waiting for some pilings to arrive to finish off the project. So it was unknown at that time exactly when.

SAA FUNDRAISING EVENT UPDATE: WINNERS
1st Prize $6000 - Glenn Hamilton 18.4 lbs
2nd Prize was a tie between:
Mike Surydk 17.6 lbs & Don Carter 17.6 lbs
(rather than flip a coin for 2nd, they came to a gentlemen’s agreement to split the $2000 for 2nd and $1000 for 3rd so that they each won $1500!)
Junior Prize a rod and reel donated by Island Outfitters - Grayson Hamilton 6.4 lbs
Hidden Weight Prize - James Carter 12.2 lbs
(the prize was a 10 ft inflatable Dinghy donated by Sherwood Marine)
Congratulations!
Thanks to all attendees, a great time was had by all. A huge thank you as well to Sponsors and the volunteers that helped make this event such a success!
Photos will be posted tomorrow

I called Mitchel's Excavating last week (they have the contract to build the dock) and they stated that they are just waiting for some pilings to arrive to finish off the project. So it was unknown at that time exactly when.

So with Prawning opening tomorrow

Is tartslip not an option for launching ?

I knew it was being worked on but didn’t know it’s was closed to launches

SAA FUNDRAISING EVENT UPDATE: WINNERS
1st Prize $6000 - Glenn Hamilton 18.4 lbs
2nd Prize was a tie between:
Mike Surydk 17.6 lbs & Don Carter 17.6 lbs
(rather than flip a coin for 2nd, they came to a gentlemen’s agreement to split the $2000 for 2nd and $1000 for 3rd so that they each won $1500!)
Junior Prize a rod and reel donated by Island Outfitters - Grayson Hamilton 6.4 lbs
Hidden Weight Prize - James Carter 12.2 lbs
(the prize was a 10 ft inflatable Dinghy donated by Sherwood Marine)
Congratulations!
Thanks to all attendees, a great time was had by all. A huge thank you as well to Sponsors and the volunteers that helped make this event such a success!
Photos will be posted tomorrow
It was a great Derby again. Some of the volunteers have been doing this for 15 years and finding it hard to do the work. Without some younger blood getting involved it may not happen. Hats off to them and let's hope we see some new younger faces helping out if it goes ahead next year.

From Facebook
"A message of Thanks from Brian Dunic, President, Sidney Anglers’ Association:
“Without the efforts of the Sidney Anglers volunteers this event would not be the success it is.
I couldn’t have asked for a harder working, better group of people to ensure that the fundraising event was a success! With their help it made the event and planning fun.
Also a huge thank you to our sponsors and participants who helped raise over $21,000 for salmon enhancement.”
Cheers,
Brian Dunic.
SAA President"

Saturday 20th, Put the prawn traps down and trolled for hopes of a salmon. Too many traps around Wain Rk. Did on back and forth along Lands End and then boogied over to Coal for a couple hrs. NOT A SNIFF! No shortage of bait around. Weird. Prawning was ok, no limits but what we got were big.

Back