2024 Sidney Reports

Is the crab of legal size? Looks small in the pick. or maybe a holding pen got pillaged.
Escapees...good thought, eroyd. The weird part is that a friend caught a few last summer, then we've caught a few more this spring. I doubt they would survive long being unable to defend/feed themselves.

I usually fish areas 28 & 29... and an annual trip to 23, but I'll be in the Shawnigan Lake area for a week in late June... looks like hatchery chinook is open in areas 18-7, 19-7 & 19-8... that's pretty cool! Also, hatchery cohos, ling, hali (rare?)... I'll see if I can get out for a day on the salt; is there any issue using the Mill Bay boat launch? Where would one park the vehicle/trailer for the day? Cheers and thanks in advance.

I usually fish areas 28 & 29... and an annual trip to 23, but I'll be in the Shawnigan Lake area for a week in late June... looks like hatchery chinook is open in areas 18-7, 19-7 & 19-8... that's pretty cool! Also, hatchery cohos, ling, hali (rare?)... I'll see if I can get out for a day on the salt; is there any issue using the Mill Bay boat launch? Where would one park the vehicle/trailer for the day? Cheers and thanks in advance.
The boat luanch in mill bay sucks

There's usually a spot up the road. If your boats of any size, weight or beauty, I wouldn't launch at Mill Bay. Cowichan is probably better.

There's usually a spot up the road. If your boats of any size, weight or beauty, I wouldn't launch at Mill Bay. Cowichan is probably better.
Thanks! My boat is only 18', 60HP... light-duty, and pretty only in my eyes... 😅 Aluminum centre-console... welded but not super seaworthy... a fair-weather boat. Should be OK, but I'll look into Cowichan just in case.

Anybody trying for coho in Sidney... I need to run my boat over to Sidney Island this week and wondering if its worth a drag for coho.... Was out in sooke last week. Lots of small coho... not any large sizes out there yet. Not really wanting to cruise around to the inlet.

Back