2024 Sidney Reports

Before this get's derailed, a further discussion about the ramp needs to happen in a separate thread. Let's keep this focussed on fishing reports please.

Just a heads up for anyone heading out tomorrow

In preparation of the Canada Day events, please be advised that there will be vehicle & boat trailer parking restrictions as per below. You may want to put this information on your website to inform the boating community.

On Sunday, June 30th a portion of the Tulista Boat Launch will be unavailable for some time to load fireworks onto a barge.

No parking on Ocean between Fifth & First on North Side, Monday July 1 between 7:00am to 2:00pm

No boat trailer or vehicle on-street parking on Ocean between Fifth & Eighth, South Side, Friday June 28 to Monday July 1

*See attached map

Any questions or concerns please contact Brian Robinson brobinson@sidney.ca

Thank you,

Kristi Johnson
Administrative Assistant
Engineering Services, Parks & Public Works
Town of Sidney
2440 Sidney Avenue, Sidney, BC V8L 1Y7
SET,TINES – W̱SÁNEĆ Territory
250-656-4502 Kjohnson@sidney.ca www.sidney.ca

Releasing store bought marine life is a whole religious thing.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_release
If people want to buy, then release live crab to gain brownie points, they should at least remove the (super strong) rubber bands first. Otherwise they are just sentencing the crab to death from starvation, or an inability to defend themselves. I have forwarded the photo I posted to DFO. No response yet...
Releasing store bought marine life is a whole religious thing.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_release

Excuse my ignorance but is the little mini area that DFO has generously granted us in Area18, on the lower East side of Moresby currently open for C&R? If it is it doesn't seem like anyone is interested in driving ten miles or more to practice catching a fish.... I haven't seen anyone over there for several weeks. Thanks anyway DFO :(

Last edited:
Got out today to make sure my gear still worked and I had a pulse. I might have been the only guy out as it was mostly sun soakers. Not a sniff at Coal or Hamley, lots of marks at Powder but nothing, then closed out at the Spit with 3 very respectable springs, one must have been 20. All hatchery and amazing green backs. All still swimming around with sore lips while I eat terrestrial creatures. Blue was the colour today, well off the bottom.

Few days late, fishing for us heated up Friday Saturday as we left from Sidney to fish saanich inlet got into 30 or so fish each day mostly smalls but a handful of teens mixed in had to release a few dandy wilds but keep a big teen each day.
Fished at 90-100’ with green flashers and a coho killer and skinny g
1000000677.jpegIMG_2397.jpeg

I've been wondering whether anyone was catching in the inlet, kinda figured no, but obviously was wrong. Nice to hear

In 2 shifts I spent nearly 8 hours around moresby yesterday for “opening day”. 1 wild ho released. 1 just legal spring released and a doggy. Didn’t see a net out all day.

Out at first light and fished Sidney spit, powder warf, and moresby yesterday. Only a couple undersized and one decent pin popper hit and then gone at moresby. Sidney spit was loaded with bait, marked a few fish but no bites.

Out at first light and fished Sidney spit, powder warf, and moresby yesterday. Only a couple undersized and one decent pin popper hit and then gone at moresby. Sidney spit was loaded with bait, marked a few fish but no bites.
Oh ya. Blue Hourston right? Sweet boat. I gave you the Hourston wave but got nuthin back!!?? 😉🤣

Attachments

• IMG_7599.jpeg
    IMG_7599.jpeg
    155.3 KB · Views: 52
Pulled a lot of water this evening at the spit with absolutely nothing to show for it. So much wrack in the water it was a busy night on the downriggers for all the wrong reasons.

Back