2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Another T10 update. Similar program as the weekend, but this time with three guests. Lines out at about 7:15 AM, and the hits started right away. Toward the buoy away from the buoy, it didn’t really seem to matter. We were always between 55 and 65 and the action was constant for more than an hour. Lost a few more than usual today however, and maybe landed about 50% of the hits. I had an anchovy going on one side, and the golden nugget again on the other side. The nugget absolutely kept pace with the bait, and maybe outfished bait a tiny little bit. Two nice white Springs, plus a massive sucker lost right at the boat. We got two chum as well and probably released five wild coho. The fight stopped at about 9:45 AM, but we were still able to squeak out another couple of good fish before it was time to call it quits. There are takeaways here for me. First is that I don’t think it’s necessary to run bait on both sides, which really reduces the cost and hassle for some interesting side bets on the boat. The second is that regardless of where we are at in the tide, it seems that the early morning bite is the best. Third is that T10 is a great spot still and seems to offer a slightly calmer fishing environment vs the larger waves and crowds at Sandheads. Likely my last update for a while as my freezer is stuffed and I don’t want to be too greedy. What a season!!!

I went to Sandheads with my brother who is out from NZ. Solid action from 7.30 to 12.30. 5 chinook to the boat, lost a couple more. Just one wild coho and no chum. Most of the chinook still bright. A couple of rip-roaring strikes 4-6 boats there today. My Brother was incredulous at the quality of the fishing we have. Dropped some fish off at st jeans this afternoon to be canned. Hooked more on hardware than bait today.

Back