What's for dinner tonight ?

After 5 weeks and 6 visits from the repairman, 2 new lower elements, 2 motherboards, a convection element and fan, a new breaker, and an interesting 3 hour repairman/ Tennessee tech desk video conference + multimeter walk through, I made pizza today.
After we paid for the first visit and $700 in parts, KitchenAid covered the rest of the parts and the all guy's time. It's only 2.5 year old. A thermally intermittent electrical motherf'er gremlin apparently.IMG_20221213_180824058_PORTRAIT.jpg

After 5 weeks and 6 visits from the repairman, 2 new lower elements, 2 motherboards, a convection element and fan, a new breaker, and an interesting 3 hour repairman/ Tennessee tech desk video conference + multimeter walk through, I made pizza today.
After we paid for the first visit and $700 in parts, KitchenAid covered the rest of the parts and the all guy's time. It's only 2.5 year old. A thermally intermittent electrical motherf'er gremlin apparently.View attachment 87611
Now was the pizza worth it

After we paid for the first visit and $700 in parts, KitchenAid covered the rest of the parts and the all guy's time. It's only 2.5 year old. A thermally intermittent electrical motherf'er gremlin apparently.View attachment 87611
How hot did the oven get? And how was the crust? Looks delish

After we paid for the first visit and $700 in parts, KitchenAid covered the rest of the parts and the all guy's time. It's only 2.5 year old.

it makes me feel good that my life isn't the only one that goes like this

Qurious about your smoked oysters. How you do them?
These were fresh shucked and frozen in a water bath, thawed poached for 2mins or till floating, tossed in sesame oil, brown sugar and smoked paprika, cooled then in the smoker(Bradley) for 3 hrs. @180 -, (alder). same tossedIMG-20221207-WA0002.jpg again, put on minced spinach in shell with reserved oil, on the barbeque, until bubbling and the lamb was ready 10/12 mins. Best Regards

Found a fresh turkey at Costco on the 14th, but couldn't resist another brisket at $9.99/kg
I trimmed the fat then separated the flat from the point then cut those into 2 pieces each and made this recipe with the trimmings.
I simmered for 4 hours not the 2 in the recipe and didn't brown the meet first, just the veg. Also, I subbed in some cayenne powder since I didn't have any jalapenos for the biscuits.
Will make this again.

IMG_20221216_180507871.jpg

Got back to town and went to Thrifty Foods to get some groceries. Rib eyes on sale $11.99, so I got them to cut us 3 X 2"+, 2.2lb (Nog size) steaks. BBQed one last night, let it rest for 10 minutes and cut it up and eat it so fast I never got a cooked photo.

After eating US prime beef for the last two months, it was sure good to get a grain fed AB steak. I find the flavor is much better with grain finished beef. We will be going back to get a roast for Christmas dinner.

Attachments

• 2.2 lb Rib Eye.jpg
    2.2 lb Rib Eye.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 14
Back