What's for dinner tonight ?

View attachment 87082

Vanilla sour cream cake donuts. First time trying.
Looks great, how did they taste? My wife and I had a Sunday date day last weekend making donuts. We did fritters and eclairs. The fritters were great but the eclairs were a challenge. We tried 3 times and couldn't get it just right so that we could stuff them with cream filling. I like baking but struggle with it. Cooking is an art, baking is a science. I'm all about a pinch of this a dash of that, taste and adjust. To me a recipe is a guideline and that never ends well with baking lol.

Looks great, how did they taste? My wife and I had a Sunday date day last weekend making donuts. We did fritters and eclairs. The fritters were great but the eclairs were a challenge. We tried 3 times and couldn't get it just right so that we could stuff them with cream filling. I like baking but struggle with it. Cooking is an art, baking is a science. I'm all about a pinch of this a dash of that, taste and adjust. To me a recipe is a guideline and that never ends well with baking lol.

I much, much prefer cooking for the same reasons. However, we followed the recipe and quite liked the result a classic cake donut. In the end, was really easy and just fried in the dutch oven on the stove top.

So, this morning I get a call...

Whatcha doing today?
Vet run for the older Gal.
Anything pressing?
Nope, check up and nail trim.
Well I just got back into town with a moose that has been hanging 18 days. I need you now if you can accommodate.
Give me 5... Vet confirms tomorrow is no issue.
On my way.
Get there to see the world's smallest Tri-Palm!
xRTJB08.jpg

CO confirmed it met that requirement, and also did so with the 2 points on the other side!
tbxVSWe.jpg

Has to be the Unicorn of all Unicorns!
18 months old I believe, and butter soft. Took me all of three hours to butcher it (with help after I do the main cuts obviously).
Buddy said the fastest and best job of whacking one up he has ever seen.
Better be, only been at it for 45 years and change!!
Tonight we will feast on veal back-straps!!
Yummy!
Cheers,
Nog

Prawns are always a up hill battle these days and will be depend upon what you had for last year opening in my opinon ..

Prawns are always a up hill battle these days and will be depend upon what you had for last year opening in my opinon ..
That's unfortunate. We've already been whacked back to 125 a day. Hardly worth flashing the motor. I just enjoy being on the water.

That's unfortunate. We've already been whacked back to 125 a day. Hardly worth flashing the motor. I just enjoy being on the water.

Prawns are gold, with that comes greed

a 1 pound tub of frozen tails has gone from 15 bucks to 45 bucks in like 4 years

125 medium prawns is worth like 200 bucks if not more

Last edited:
Back