What's for dinner tonight ?

Thanksgiving yesterday.

Stuffed Game Hen, Stuffing, Sprouts, Maple Candied Yam and a fine Merlot!

yvI3K3S.jpeg

Yummy!

Not so much. Just for his Family and a few Buddies. I will ask if he will let one go next time I am out there...
Right on that would be great. I won't be settled in out there until the end of March but I'd love to source as much local farm raised food as possible. Maybe he would like to do barter style too for trades of something I make/sell? I make a few different things I sell or barter so you never know :)

Smoked beef brisket. Sorry forgot to take pics when I sliced her up. Was dry rubbed with herbs and spices and let sit at room temperature for a couple of hours then into the smoker at 225f with hickory and pecan wood for around 7 hrs or so until it got a good bark on it. Had a container of fruit juice in the smoker for some humidity and did spritz the brisket a couple of times. Didn't test the stall temp, just double wrapped it in butcher paper after the good bark was formed then back into the smoker. This one went another 6 hrs until the internal temp was 203 and the probe went in and out very easily. Was a AA brisket and it turned out very tender and juicy. Hard to find a AAA brisket these days but this one didn't let me down.brisket.jpg

My kicked up version of a Nashville honey hot chicken burger. A twist on the standard Nashville type of hot chicken.

First I marinate the chicken tenders in buttermilk, garlic, sweet paprika, Thai chili, green onion, ginger, and light soy. Then the chicken gets double dredged in flour, panko, onion powder, garlic powder, sweet paprika, cracked black pepper and coarse sea salt.

Then for the glaze I mince some home grown garlic and onion very fine then simmered low and slow for awhile in butter, our bees wildflower honey and a little peanut oil (so the butter and honey don't burn). I then strain it and use the sweet garlic onion butter to mix in with some other spicier ingredients to make a delicious honey hot glaze for the crispy fried chicken tenders. With homemade pickles, homemade coleslaw and homemade fries, homemade garlic, chipotle aioli mayo dip and an ice cold lager.

NashvilleChickenBurger.jpg

NashivilleChicken4.jpg

NashvilleChicken2.jpg

NashvilleChicken1.jpg

Wicked, I almost ate my phone, Siena and region is amazing this time of year, way less busy!
18-22C with some rain. Crowds are larger than we guessed but not bad. Last night in Siena. Have eaten it all except the Florentine Steak, which is just a thick charbroiled aged t-bone for about 60 euros. Rome for cacio e pepe tomorrow.

I'm back in Hawaii, and was at Safeway's $5 Fridays. Picked up 6 Nashville hot chicken breast fingers for a dinner protein, and 3 sushi rolls for lunch.
6 fingers and at the check out $5.85 and 3 rolls $15 at the check out, and a 12 pack of Modelo beers ($16.99) to wash it down .
Great deals compared to the reg prices. I'm going to have to go on a diet in the new year.

But I wish I had some prawns like JWS's.

Attachments

• $15 sushi lunch.jpg
    $15 sushi lunch.jpg
    427.4 KB · Views: 21
  • invoice.jpg
    invoice.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 21
  • chicken breast fingers.jpg
    chicken breast fingers.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 21
Back