What's for dinner tonight ?

Was meal prep day. My favorite burger grind is the flat of a brisket mixed with chuck. All Thrifties triple A. Ground up 20 lbs of that and rolled a crap load of burger portions. Chopped up a whole center cut pork loin into thick chops and dry brined the point end of the brisket to let sit overnight before it went in the smoker this morning.

Smoked for 5 hrs at 250f until it had a nice bark then basted her, wrapped her up and back in for another 5.5 hrs.

I don't usually let my brisket go this high of internal temp but thought I'd let her go a bit longer this time. Gotta say it was the best one I've done yet. But the Thrifties AAA im sure had a lot to do with that. Pulled it at 211f. Just on the line where anymore it wouldn't have held together for cutting but it was the juiciest most tender brisket I've made so far.

Took a video of how juicy tender it was but I don't think I can load that onto here. To be safe though I will pull the next one at 210f. Normally I pull at 203 or so.

This was a breaking fast meal for me today too. Ended a 5 day fast and ate about a pound and a half of it lol.

View attachment 112013View attachment 112015View attachment 112014View attachment 112016
5 day fast?
Too many tasty desserts ?

Back