Sooke Reports - 2007

Got a late start today,had a friend down from Courtenay had a few too many pops last night.Launched at Cheanuh ran down to Otter,got a couple of taps,down to Muir 3 coho released,Down to Sheringham,nothing.Give her a go tommorow,Fog in the head should be cleared off by then.Beautiful day out there.DAN

headed straight out from cheanuh with my wife and kids . man i was a proud dad , both my daughters played so many pinks and a few coho . They had the biggest smiles as well as mom and dad . both my daughter played there own fish tonight ,first salmon caught on there own . first trip of the year . out tomorrow for springs

I heard someone say it was slow....

fished 6 till 11 this am - picked up a 22 & 23, and 8 pinks.
Went out with family again from 4 til 7 tonight and to a 27 while targeting pinks with a pink squirt @ 60'!!!!
Seems like its getting a bit better to me.

ya I haven't hit sooke waters in a week or so - is the trap and head still pink and coho city? Its gotta be getting real hot any day now

Spotty for springs. Very spotty. If you happen to on the right spot as they pass then you'll do well but every day is different. One day it's hot and the next...not.

Still loads of pinks and some coho. There were reports of LOTS of wild coho off Beachey Head yesterday. Strong currents coming up this weekend should make it even more challenging. Good luck!

Hi guys well sunday was good for springs and monday but today holy cow pink pink pink switched to spoons to TRY and get away from them managed to get a couple of springs after moving but I personally have never seen that many pinks before great time to take out a kid,grandfather,wife to stock up on fish so get out there.

Good luck Wolf

Get out there boys the fish are in!!!!!!

Wolf

I'm comin wolf I'm comin [:p] [:p] [:p] I'll be their in 5 days boys,,, man I'm dien here...
10 days at Sunny Shores life does'nt get any better...
Any news from out from Meir Creek wolf?? it sure treated us good last year and it didn't get near as busy as the usual spots...

just curious since its getting close to that time of year - but does anybody know the forecasted return for sooke river fish?

Well the whole week has been 2 to 4 per group so cant really spell it more clearer than that, Just telling you all there is fish out there to be caught just think in a less than 5 weeks some of you are going to be on here like last year going

"WHERE DID ALL THE SRINGS GO!!!!"

It seems like every year we have a good Aug and the first 2 weeks of sept after that kiss it all good bye especially if we get some rain early.

So get out there Wolf

Hey Wolf. I have had the best year in the past three. No problem hitting springs,some days there bigger, some days there smaller. Just don,t want to fill the license before the big whites and the Sooke run shows up. Beyond that keeping my zipper tight!
Cheers Fah-Cups.

Oh hey Wolf those Hardys are still performing outstanding, thanks again fella.
Cheers Fah Cups.

Yes it has been good but you do have to work for them but you will get them but i think they are definatly more are to come but there is good numbers and they wont be here long

Wolf

Hey all,,, I'll be out on the water starting on the 14th,, I run a white and gray LUND 2000 FISHERMAN w/ 175 E-TEC if any of you come by say hi,, I'll be docked at Sunny Shores from the 13 to 23 so stop by and say hi... Till Then tight lines and hope to meet a couple of you guys....

Good day out there got 4 more fish ill post pic later but got a very lucky double header today one was 36.5 the other 35.6 of off oh you know.

Good luck Wolf

Back