Sooke Reports - 2007

fished possesion till about 11am , started early only one nibble, same as everyone else headed out couldnt keep a rod in the water , after we landed 4 and let go about 7 we headed in and picked up a buddy and mangaged another 6 and released or lost another 15, tons of fun for the newbies in the boat, good thing i had sunscreen and a couple cold ones[8)][:p]

Sat. Fished 7-noon from the Head to Trap.

25lb spring, 1 hatchery coho and a boat load of pinks.

Nice day out there.

Tips.

Fished Pedder in the wind today. Landed a nice 22 pund spring and a gazzillion cohos (all wild) and some pinks. It was fast and furious from 10 to 2:00. Purple haze hootchie and purple prism flasher worked for the cohos. Betsy and lime green head worked for the spring. Boy was it windy!!!

Congrats on the tyee highliner,,, good job and nice lookin fish....

Anyone heard or have a site to get info on sox openings in that area?

i heard the pinks are in thick, and becoming a nuisance because you cant even get your gear down to get a spring!

Was out today to get a few pinks. I don't know why some people disrespect them? beautifull little fish. great fresh on the BQ. I like being way out when its flat getting double headers. Its fun.

I heard that springs were quiet so I didn't even try. Sure enough, back at Becher 11:30am a couple of guys plunked a couple of nice teenagers down on the cleaning tables. 90-120', 7:30+9:00 am. Secretary and The Head they said.

Here's a few pics of my son and the fish he caught today off
beechey and out into the straight.
He also took these shot's of the Orca's as they came through
A very impressive show !

IMG_1256.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

orcas006.jpg

IMG_1253.jpg

orcas008.jpg

Nice pics r.s. thx for sharin man... Looks like it was a nice day to be out on the water...

Back from Otter point summer home , fished from Friday of last week until Tuesday afternoon in the Otter Point - Shearingham area.
Got three nice springs (2 on Tuesday and 1 on Monday evening) 18 lbs and two 23 lbs , all off of 2nd rock in shallow water (50 to 55 ft)
Used a chrome head army truck coloured anchovy holder behind a purple haze prism flasher , shortened up the leader to 68 ins , speed over ground from the GPS 3.3 on all the hits.
On a more bitter note , lost 2 nice ones with my son in the boat off of Muir Crk in the fog to the bloody seals , one snapped up a spring right beside the boat , a young man in a two tone brown and tan K&C had a ring side seat to a temper tantrum and two missed shots from a wrist rocket and ball bearings as the goddam seal played with the fish about 30 yds away.
Many pinks and coho mixed off Shearingham in the 250 to 300 ft of water , got two hatchery coho on Sunday with the grandson playing skipper !!!!

Cheers

AL

Yes that was a fun day Scott, Today was much the same wind wise. "Relentless." Seems to be a bit tough to get through the pinks and Coho and into the Springs. I even got pinks on 6" Tomic Spoons today down 125 feet.

Good the last couple of days got 4 nice springs today and no pinks but the wind is not fun thats for sure.

Good luck Wolf

No prob always good to help out good to see you out there.

Wolf

Hey wolf, can I ask you where you got em? I usually head out saturdays so i might see you out there tomorrow, if the wind dies down that is.

how was the NI?

i bet if your around sunny shores early saturday , about 6 am wolf will give you a few pointers , i doubt you will hear from him tonight, [:0][xx(][:0], lol

Back