Sooke Reports - 2007

Wouldn't you just know it,,,danthewire :( :( some people want a wrist rocket for the seals,, I know what I'd use it for in that situation ;) ;)

quote:Originally posted by danthewire

Fished Aldridge from 5:45 to 7:30 Was non stop 6 to 8 lb springs 65 to 75 feet.Bust off a nice one trying to steer him away from some ----coming at a million miles an hour through the fog.I guess next time i'll get on top of the boat and hold the rod up high,maybe you can go underneath next time. DAN

Just guessing here danthewire, but are you sure those weren't non stop humpy's!?!

No, Juandeone they were springs, just like poppa swiss said, but we were marking some bigger fish on the sounder so we persisted.At 7:30 though it was over.DAN

Fished foggy Otter yesterday, took home 4 coho and 2 pinks. Hooked into over 20 fish, several small springs but nothing of size. The stats taker at sunny shores said only 4 big springs came in up to 3pm. The hogs don't seem to be in any great numbers yet.

To the two guys fishing ILLEGALLY on Saturday by Secretary Island - yes, we did notice your tackle when it got hooked on our line. Pretty embarrasing to get caught isn't it. Should have snipped your line instead of releasing it back to you. Got your ID on the boat. Hope to see you out there again.

Fished the Head and donated 2 fish to the seals at first light. Moved down to the Trap for 1 coho, 1 31 and a 20.
T2

Ahhhhhhh.. I can't take it no more.. 21 day's and counting... Keep some for me guy's.. I'll be there....
I can't eat,, I can't sleep,, all I want to do is catch Salmon...

quote:Originally posted by walleyes

Ahhhhhhh.. I can't take it no more.. 21 day's and counting... Keep some for me guy's.. I'll be there....
I can't eat,, I can't sleep,, all I want to do is catch Salmon...

I know that feeling. I can hardly wait until the next weekend.

Hey Walleyes. Where you from?
I am coming down from the Okanagan but still have 33 days to go!
Same sleep deprivation problem!

Forgot to post...

I launched at Cheanuh last Thursday and the RCMP were checking all boats as you launched for safety gear, licenses ect...

We were in the water just before they got there so I am not sure of the particulars but I heard on the radio there was a bit of a hold up launching.

No biggy just have everything you should have.

Tips

quote:Hey Walleyes. Where you from?
I am coming down from the Okanagan but still have 33 days to go!
Same sleep deprivation problem!

From up North East of Edmonton A.B. little town called Lac La Biche,,, great fishing area...

quote:From up North East of Edmonton A.B. little town called Lac La Biche,,, great fishing area
I know the area well. I hunt in Cold Lake every fall and was in Lac La Biche 3 years ago moose hunting.

Is there a condensed list of the "official" nessesary items your typical little fishing boat is required to have on board?

One of the guys from my work said the pinks are rolling in close to shore (sooke Area). He was jigging with small pink buzzies and his buddie was using a Mac Deep and both had very very good sucess.

Fished Sooke yesterday. Slow start. Didn't get out until 7:30. Didn't see any springs taken at all. Went out to the 550' mark and couldn't keep more than one line in the water. Wife and kid had a hoot. Came back to Cheanuh and there was a house on fire on the reserve.

Back