Sooke Reports - 2007

How was the fishing today boys? I went out yesterday for 1 small spring. Today was home improvement day--pouring cement.
T2

Not very exciting from what we saw at Muir at 6 this morning, Otter and Sheringham did not happen either compared to previous days. We hit two Small springs and numerous pinks. I have never seen so many boats at Sheringham.

Had a Wolf sighting today, must have been a secret spot, I almost missed him in the cloud of boats off Secretary.

Hey Tailspin dont you ever work???How do you afford all that gas??Ive had some wolf sightings as well call me ill tell you where he's fishing!!HAHA

Got a 22lb spring and a bunch of pinks today. Lost another that was bigger.
My rod broke just above the cork when I set the hook on the 22. I brought him in on an Islander and 10" of rod :D. What a show! I got my knuckles busted for the first time in a long time.[B)]

Good fun out there today!

Tips

Loose a nice one and pink city !! run out of bait so put out a 6" plug and a 6" spoon and still pink city .fly rods tomorrow.

{ tips good to see you out there }

Great today didnt get one pink tailout get away from the freighter lanes LOL we got a 31,26 and a 21 and 3 sockeye that were huge that I had to realease what a shame out again tommorow.

Wolf

Nope that wasnt me but got to love the guy in the blue bayliner who jigs cod in the RCA of of the sooke bluffs seen him 3 times in there now and told the fisheries still nothing has been done and we want to put our trust into them????????????????

On the report for today had to work hard for them got 5 springs 4 which were 23 to 18 and a feeder and had a triple header oh my god was that a bit of a cluster %$^& got them all in what a rush LOL
Here are the pics from aug 10,11,12 on the 10th was the 36.5 and the 35.5 next was day 2 with one being a 30 lber and the last pic was today enjoy

sookefishing2007103.jpg

sookefishing2007105.jpg

sookefishing2007107.jpg
Good luck Wolf

Great day yesterday. As calm as it gets.
23lb and a 20lb:D. Lost 3 others[B)]
Real nice day spent with the wife and father inlaw.

Tips

Caught this 34 lber at 5 pm at Otter today. Shook a few pinks and 1 beatiful sockeye. Beautiful day on the water.
T2
IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/tsquared1/IMG_0502.jpg[/IMG

Fished Bechey Head from 4 pm til 7:30pm with no luck. Saw one pink get caught but no springs. Anybody else catching?
T2

hey wolf, correct me if im wrong but it looks like you got a nice chum in the third picture!

14 lb hatchery coho.

Things have dried up out there you really have to be lucky to get one hope this weeks ste of strong incoming floods bring some fish in

wolf

I got a nice hatchery coho last trip.12lb I was bring in the line at the end of the trip on the sirface when it hit.{spoon no flasher}

quote:Originally posted by wolf
Things have dried up out there you really have to be lucky to get one hope this weeks ste of strong incoming floods bring some fish in

wolf
Must have been 100 boats out there yesterday, very slow for Springs.
took a buddy out to fish pinks for some action. non stop
double headers. He had a great time and went home with a tub o'pinks!

Hey Wolf, they are still out there! They are just picky. There was a short bite this AM for 45 minutes and we landed 2 double headers. It was a crazy! [:p]

IMG_4362-1.jpg

Back