Nanaimo area

Hooked two lost two to seals, chased the one around pretty good, 160 of water on bottom side of five fingers, armytruck spoon.

it was not that nice of a day, seen a nice chromer caught in dep-bay

How big was the one you saw in DB? All my hits were on small cop car spoons up high.

Saltybeaver

Good to hear yo go into fish, as for the seals thats the odds I guess

When R U heading out next [?]

Hey greg just confirmed that ill be in town for two days in two weeks from yesterday if your interested fishing that monday? Is your boat in the water? If not we can drop mine in. Gotta pack those two days full of fishing so i can last the two more months back out here.[xx(]

Hey Kelly

I heard your Dad was going to put you to work to help pay for the new apartment. I don't think you're going to have time to fish.

Maybe you should stay in Calgary, he can't wait for some slave labour.

Hey Kelly, no problem. The boat is in the water ready to go and I have that Monday off. I hope there are still some fish around I went to Gerald Sun. nite and made a quick pass at the top end. Did'nt see any bait.Maybe we can blast over to Sangster.

Sounds good ill give you a call or email next week.Just saw that email some of those fish are as big as what we were getting in the summer.
Mark work ends ushually at 1-2 and it doesnt get dark till late:D Just means i cant hit as many morning bites. Did he also tell you hes checkin out a few 19ft double eagles

SaltyBeaver

here's the report

4 fish off Nanaimo in two hours nothing landed :(

I did some loops around Entrance on Sunday. No sign of bait or birds. Was marking some on the north side in the 60 - 80ft zone, but they weren't biting. Was a nice day compared to the last 3 or 4 weeks. Calmed right down after the little rain squall. Better next week perhaps. Like they say, Bad Day of Fishing is still better than a Good Day at Work.

bigchrome we have to take care of those seals :D. Ill be heading out saturday but probably just fish the bay unless its nice out there

Saltybeaver

Need that Killer whale pod to come through here the ones that eat seals :)

Is that a particular green hootchie BRS is talking about [:0]
I tried it with a 42inch leader it was the spoons that did the damage
copcar nightrider

Hey Big C, I always fish with spoons, especially with Coyotes but Last two weeks ALL(5) were caught on this one hootchie. We released 3 or 4 as well, maybe you should try again.

BRS
I know it works and your right its hot when it works
some days its spoons some days its hootichie I ran it for a while and only got a sole :( only thing is i dont know how long I dragged it for DOH!
I dont doubt the hootchie you are referring to I got a few of them :)
sorry if my post came across doubting it I wasnt
If you get out let me know how you make out

No prob Big C, gonna go away this weekend to the west coast. I wish I was fishin but gotta do the Valentines thing. I'm taking out Kelly on the 25th if I get out before that I'll give a report.

Stress medicine

most fish have been toward the fingers
RVP as the screamin reel tackle shop knows what hootchies and spoons are working good Run in and see him :D

made the rounds today in the wind...neck/db/pipers/fingers. no bait to be found, no fish and only the odd one marked on the sounder. one good strike and that was about it. guess I need to chat with RVP about the 'special' hootchy...

Thanks B/Chrome. I heard some guys talking on the radio and it sounded like they were into fish but I was about to leave so didn't make the move over. They were talking about a spotted back hootchie and nasty boy. I had been dragging the nasty boy with no luck. Guess we'll stop in to Screamin Reel and get one of those and try the fingers this weekend. Sounds like the weather may cooperate.

Stop in on Saturday They are having a 25% off everything in the store :)

Time to restock the spoons and top up the steely gear

Back