Nanaimo area

Hey RBF we had a good day on Monday, 5 hits, lost 2, released2, and kept a 20lb beauty at Gerald Island just north of schooner cove. Lots of bait at Mistaken as well.

Just got back from Gerald Island. Fished the samespot as Monday with the same gear and nothing. Get out there and try and you never know. There is still lots of activity between Mistaken and Rathtrevor, tons of birds, seals and sea lions.Must be salmon around too!!

Lookn for report I am hedding out tomorrow
anyone fish today??

fished thrasher today for 4 hours maybe?
but it was DEAD, no seals, no birds, no feed, no salmon, no boats.
caught some lonely bottomfish

nice day though

Thanks Robtufnail

No fish hmm? somethings gotta be around

I am on my way out
will post results if anything to report

Managed three to the boat, one keeper and two undersized, and lost one this morning. As BigChrome suggested, went out with the stuff I am used to, found some bait, and lo and behold caught some fish. The one we kept was full of 4-5" herring. Not a bad day!

awesome !! ratherbefishing
good to hear you got into a few, had to pack it in early today :( (next time I guess)
neck point, fingers, clark EI all have had fish cuaght of them lately just find the bait and move it you dont see any

I got get back out asap hopefully less windy next time

Hey guys, had a great day yesterday at Gerald and Ballenas. Kept 3 (limit for me) and released a couple undersize. Lots of bait, all these fish were stuffed with 3-4" Herring.Not bad for Feb!!!

Hey guys, had a great day yesterday at Gerald and Ballenas. Kept 3 (limit for me) and released a couple undersize. Lots of bait, all these fish were stuffed with 3-4" Herring.Not bad for Feb!!!

Sure nice to see herring in the gulf, I'm sure we could have great fishing year round if the herring stocks where left alone to rebuild. The insanity will start next month.
I remember when Chemainus harbour was full of herring this time of year, you could catch winter springs right off booms. Anybody else remember that?

Sure nice to see herring in the gulf, I'm sure we could have great fishing year round if the herring stocks where left alone to rebuild. The insanity will start next month.
I remember when Chemainus harbour was full of herring this time of year, you could catch winter springs right off booms. Anybody else remember that?

I spent part of Christmas holidays and spring break in Chemainus in the early-mid 70's and that's when I first saw buzzbombs and a pirated version of them that was soon removed from the market for infringing on the patent. There used to be lots of herring (mostly undersized if I remember correctly) and yes winter springs were caught right of the gov't dock with buzzbombs or live bait.

I spent part of Christmas holidays and spring break in Chemainus in the early-mid 70's and that's when I first saw buzzbombs and a pirated version of them that was soon removed from the market for infringing on the patent. There used to be lots of herring (mostly undersized if I remember correctly) and yes winter springs were caught right of the gov't dock with buzzbombs or live bait.

Bigsnapper i might be back for a day or two around the 25th of febuary if your interested in wettin a line. Would be a sunday monday. Good to hear about these fish! i hope they keep holding into may/june

Bigsnapper i might be back for a day or two around the 25th of febuary if your interested in wettin a line. Would be a sunday monday. Good to hear about these fish! i hope they keep holding into may/june

BigRedSnapper, hope you had a partner for a limit like that.. Last I checked it was 2 per day.-dirty

dont think it has changed for limits not from what I am reading

Dirty you got a report for out front[?]
Looking to get out this weeknd YEEHA!

Back