Gulf Islands 2013

Good post Nick...and as Labman says, never hurts to take a kid fishing...

Now that FM has spoken might be time to dust her off, good scrub, rewire the DR's and sneak out canoe, perhaps blast across for a good shake down....lol

Good thread going here guys!

Getbent

Where's the fish? Porlier or Tent or somewhere else? I had to spend all day staring at the flat calm water, gotta get out on the water tomorrow!!!

Gabriola to Galiano....lots around from what I have been hearing.

anyone know where any good crabbing is. i tryed last weekend but didnt catch mutch and i did move my gear around?

Did you have any luck with winter springs using those coho killers?? We were hoping for a report L.town55!!

I heard crabbing was hot around tent island....prawning too...

:mad:

prawnings closed till april aha and yes i cought three on the rish cream and 1 on the kitchen sink

thats not much of a report.

Where did you catch them? how deep were you fishing? how long were your leaders? what kind of flasher? How big were they? Did you take any pictures?

Was out yesterday and today for a few hrs each day. Fished the east side of Galiano yesterday with Fortyfour and we released one borderline spring and dragged up a few ling/rock cod. Decent weather but not a lot of bait to be found. Had cj specials working both sides.

Today was flat calm and sunny and I fished up and down trincomali which I rarely so but was rewarded with a nice 18 lb wild spring that fought like it was a lot bigger. Pretty awesome scene when the fish peeled off over 100 ft of line with the sun shining on a flat winter day on the water. Doesn't get much better than that. Will post a couple pics later tonight

Ok

I'm new to this, and well aware I need to pay my dues. I have just bought a 40 Tollycraft SF it is located in Crescent Beach Marina.
I would like to learn how to fish, anyone interested in coming to fish? I'm thinking to go to Active/Porlier Pass.
You teach me to fish, I supply the boat and the food...

Let me know:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are a few pics of the fish from today in Trincomali. Caught it quite deep.. around 140 feet

Attachments

• IMG_0494.jpg
    IMG_0494.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_0504.jpg
    IMG_0504.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_0500.jpg
    IMG_0500.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 371
Back