Gulf Islands 2013

How long does it take to run out to Galiano from Chemainus? I'm thinking about 20 minutes tops. I might need to take a run up there soon and chase some fish.

yeah for sure i only go through the pass at slack tide any other times i will not go through since my aluminum boat is light
also for you guys catching fish out there where abouts on galiano are you catching fish at im heading out this weekend please fiull me in thank you so mcuh

@highfive good call on warning people of the dangers at porlier pass, There have been full size fishing boats that have flipped over and capsized there right in the pass in the tide rip off race pt. Very dangerous in any boat for the inexperienced boater.

@islander55 get your grade 10 and learn how to read and use the forums properly. I do enough typing and reading/research on here to be repeating myself just for you. LOL! This thread is full of more or less exact locations where people have been fishing and catching fish. remember this is a vey big lake we fish in and the fish do move around day to day. It may be hot one day and cold the next. Learn the spots and structure use your sounder or buy a good one if you dont already have one and look for bait then get your gear where the bait is and....

BTW you did just ask again where on galiano guys are catching fish. I start trolling right in front of whaler bay, troll for 1-2 hrs then turn around and troll back.

the pass is good now you should had seen it before they blow out black rock it was very wild place to see back than,now it is a cake walk

Thanks for the safety tips guys

Back