Commander 26 Re Build

The Sphaera is stainless, with some kind of PVC base inside to prevent cracking if hit hard, looks like a solid , nice looking ,easy to install design

Is there a reason ,besides the inboard engine,
That they didn’t build the same size (height) stringer all the way back to the transom?
C3606564-A6B5-43D3-A22A-A7033DE29547.jpeg

Well, today I realized what it means to remove work that you already done, it’s not really about the money, not the time,
It’s cutting out Rons beautiful glass work.EC26649B-477D-4390-B9E2-70455F9E87C4.jpeg

Here’s some pics of todays progress,
Rear floor is out, gussets out.
Then I told Ron to cut the transom out…to be continued tomorrow 86D27B75-DAAE-4FA6-967E-A7CE73CE4B54.jpeg

82D71215-AA5B-4DE5-9215-735BB260EDF3.jpegF0164CD6-876A-4FDF-8516-889E9E28D585.jpeg33AB3551-270F-4D94-884F-E33BEE54DB46.jpeg75915157-8642-41FB-B6A4-70CDC37EAF79.jpeg

I would suggest that those stringers don't really need to be that tall for boat structure, but they are also being used as the joist for the flooring so they serve multiple purposes. There is no need for the tall stringer in the engine bay as you want as much room in there as possible.
I need to install my transducer which was upgraded to a thru hull. It will stick up about 6” between the stringers, On a 20 degree angle. If I install higher inner stringers I would be able to mount my transducer under the floor and have a flat floor. I don’t want to add weight if I don’t have to but It’s seems like a good idea to kill 2 birds with one stone, mounting the transducer fully enclosed and make the floor level.

Longer deck in the thinking’s
Thats an awesome idea, I was always thinking the opposite way, cutting out that hump and installing a 30” pod instead of a 44” .
I love the idea of lengthening the deck. Especially with such a massive pod

Did i miss something?, reason for cutting out this and transom?
Yes , I had 3 hours to think about my project during a Batman movie few days ago, I realized what kind of boat I can have with a bit more work, a lot more planning and patience.
At first, We reinforced the transom by adding another sheet to the existing transom, we also replaced a few inches on the lower part of the transom that was fuel contaminated.
Now that’s not the way I would like to proceed anymore.
I would like my entire transom new.
I would also like to replace all stringers.
Did we patch it for 20 years? I think so but I think I’m way past that. I’m also having a blast doing this and replacing stringers on my boat would be up at the top of coolest things I have helped to do.

The floor and gussets to the transom is going to be one of the last things we install. I want to leave the transom completely open for the pod installation and have no issues with the mounting hardware locations as the pod design has changed.
It all started with dropping the deck…

Yes , I had 3 hours to think about my project during a Batman movie few days ago, I realized what kind of boat I can have with a bit more work, a lot more planning and patience.
At first, We reinforced the transom by adding another sheet to the existing transom, we also replaced a few inches on the lower part of the transom that was fuel contaminated.
Now that’s not the way I would like to proceed anymore.
I would like my entire transom new.
I would also like to replace all stringers.
Did we patch it for 20 years? I think so but I think I’m way past that. I’m also having a blast doing this and replacing stringers on my boat would be up at the top of coolest things I have helped to do.
Sorry, not onboard with the transom and stringers. Keep in mind that the stringers were originally installed when the hull was still in a mold. By removing them you have a good chance of introducing some unwanted twists. Twist is not the right word, but you get the gist...

Sorry, not onboard with the transom and stringers. Keep in mind that the stringers were originally installed when the hull was still in a mold. By removing them you have a good chance of introducing some unwanted twists. Twist is not the right word, but you get the gist...
Not sure if this is the same twist you are referring to , but it’s one of the things I would like to get straightened up. I m also worried some fuel seeped in under where the stringers overlap, I see cracks and the wood is discoloured. 721D7411-12D2-41FB-858F-1B937222F756.jpeg0A7FBED6-FC85-4AA1-8925-F61446B6EBE2.jpeg04233164-CB45-4B9E-89B1-36652F840A27.jpegB4386CDE-562D-4A95-BAF8-2646A74161C5.jpeg

Back