Commander 26 Re Build

Here's a story for you. Reason I asked my rep the next day about the EPIRB. Still wanna get one.

Left sooke harbour 10 am after a beauty weekend in the fuca. Was blowing west 30 by the time we got to race rocks. Tide was running out. Not nice. We were in the coaster. 23ft with a 35inch pod and a 300. Thank God I just got my cyclone back from osbourne. From getting paperclips by a sunken tow line with steel staples in it the week before. Must have been stapled to a float or somthing I dunno but it was sunk about 2ft from the surface. Anyway, hit race rocks and I'm looking at my buddy and said to dano, " **** me you see that wave?" He says "which one that one over there?" No way to turn around since we were in 3 meter waves that were high frequency. Washing machine. Had to wait for it, wait for it to break, got on top of it, had to ride the top until it let go a bit, only about 15ft in front of that one was another one, went right through that one, seen guppies swim past the windshield. Had to pin it up that wave that was much taller then the boat is long. Had the 300 pinned going up hill at 6 mph. Busted all the snaps on the top, thank **** the coaster is self bailing. Moved everything in the boat to the floor. Broke the bbq. Got through the inside of race headed towards peddler Bay. Went in for fuel. Had to have a beer and sit down. Still to this day I don't think the boat would have made it with my spare solas prop. Flat calm in vic harbour. Wierd day

Came home with a bunch of Hali lol. Not nice though. We learned a great lesson that day. I don't care who has to work the next day, if we need to wait out a windy day then we wait. We knew it was going to blow up, but happened sooner then expected.

Last edited:
Here's a story for you. Reason I asked my rep the next day about the EPIRB. Still wanna get one.

Left sooke harbour 10 am after a beauty weekend in the fuca. Was blowing west 30 by the time we got to race rocks. Tide was running out. Not nice. We were in the coaster. 23ft with a 35inch pod and a 300. Thank God I just got my cyclone back from osbourne. From getting paperclips by a sunken tow line with steel staples in it the week before. Must have been stapled to a float or somthing I dunno but it was sunk about 2ft from the surface. Anyway, hit race rocks and I'm looking at my buddy and said to dano, " **** me you see that wave?" He says "which one that one over there?" No way to turn around since we were in 3 meter waves that were high frequency. Washing machine. Had to wait for it, wait for it to break, got on top of it, had to ride the top until it let go a bit, only about 15ft in front of that one was another one, went right through that one, seen guppies swim past the windshield. Had to pin it up that wave that was much taller then the boat is long. Had the 300 pinned going up hill at 6 mph. Busted all the snaps on the top, thank **** the coaster is self bailing. Moved everything in the boat to the floor. Broke the bbq. Got through the inside of race headed towards peddler Bay. Went in for fuel. Had to have a beer and sit down. Still to this day I don't think the boat would have made it with my spare solas prop. Flat calm in vic harbour. Wierd day

Came home with a bunch of Hali lol. Not nice though. We learned a great lesson that day. I don't care who has to work the next day, if we need to wait out a windy day then we wait. We knew it was going to blow up, but happened sooner then expected.
It can be calm at bedfords and calm at pedder and race can be pretty damn nasty

This is what I’m thinking for the guard rail,
The lower one sphaera,
The other I would choose is the original aluminum,
8DDEBFFC-4D4B-4F33-B9F0-7A4072A9D77A.jpeg

I would stainless the crap outta that boat

Mmm I’m not sure. That would look great to but thinking ahead to when it has canvases on it, black hopefully. It would be nice to have a little black in the rub rail to break it up a bit. Set of black Zukes on the back or Merc, black Scotties on each side. K I’ll give you the aluminum bases for the scotties lol.

Mmm I’m not sure. That would look great to but thinking ahead to when it has canvases on it, black hopefully. It would be nice to have a little black in the rub rail to break it up a bit. Set of black Zukes on the back or Merc, black Scotties on each side. K I’ll give you the aluminum bases for the scotties lol.

Back rub rail looks nice from a far. Almost the most cubty thing in the world to install onto a pleasure boat. It's almost impossible to make it non wavy. I've done it, several times. ******* *****. The stainless stuff looks nice and makes clean lines. Works waaay better.

Back