Commander 26 Re Build

Ok seeing the boat like this is bringing up far too many memories, I'm officially ready to be heartbroken
Lmao, I finally read some of his thread.
Your not heartbroken cause he left, your heartbroken cause he didn’t finish the boat!
Buddy, this boat is looking mint! I’m not sure which part in making your butt or heart hurt, my questions?
There’s a big difference between me and him.
I have a Commander, he got a hourston
He sounds like he knows his boats,
I’m just learning.
He might loves boats, I’m in love with commanders.
I get **** **** son, that’s what I do. I finish projects for a living.
One thing me and Snyder do have in common is we posted our build for everyone to enjoy.
Ps no hard feelings, we all men.
I will accept of friendly bet if you down for it?

Lmao, I finally read some of his thread.
Your not heartbroken cause he left, your heartbroken cause he didn’t finish the boat!
Buddy, this boat is looking mint! I’m not sure which part in making your butt or heart hurt, my questions?
There’s a big difference between me and him.
I have a Commander, he got a hourston
He sounds like he knows his boats,
I’m just learning.
He might loves boats, I’m in love with commanders.
I get **** **** son, that’s what I do. I finish projects for a living.
One thing me and Snyder do have in common is we posted our build for everyone to enjoy.
Ps no hard feelings, we all men.
I will accept of friendly bet if you down for it?
That's awesome to hear, was really just kidding around. That thread is the butt of many jokes. I have faith in this one and the build is looking killer so far, can't wait to see it done!

Well , I think my pod has contracted a new Covid variant , and is breaking out in a terrible rash2935C8F1-55B9-484C-92E0-8CDF2AA94B4B.jpeg

Visible porosity and not even an attempt to repair it…wow! Would also never hand that over looking like that. It’s personal preference but I would not use checker on the next one lots of options for non skid that doesn’t look quite so industrial.

I’m no welder so wasn’t sure what to think of the photos, first thought was looks s little rough but maybe I’m expecting to much and that’s acceptable work. Good to hear opinions from 2 other welders. If you were just doing a quick pod project maybe that pod would work, but not on the build your doing, I’d accept nothing but perfect. As you said may work for someone. Sorry I’m sure the set back is driving you crazy, I almost threw my phone when I realized the pod wasn’t gonna be going on lol

I’m no welder so wasn’t sure what to think of the photos, first thought was looks s little rough but maybe I’m expecting to much and that’s acceptable work. Good to hear opinions from 2 other welders. If you were just doing a quick pod project maybe that pod would work, but not on the build your doing, I’d accept nothing but perfect. As you said may work for someone. Sorry I’m sure the set back is driving you crazy, I almost threw my phone when I realized the pod wasn’t gonna be going on lol
Always another plan in the process

Wasn’t a total bad day, we all knew the pod wasn’t going on unless it was welded in one piece, properly and with a rake. Sad cause in my opinion it would of took only 20 something hours to make it right but now it’s past that point.
Here’s something that might cheer ya up?BD81DDB2-1162-400C-B4F7-97E35548B797.jpegF5E93A98-74EB-47AC-ADA4-9AEB59CF7C77.jpegD3B839DF-1D41-4F30-A97E-94B7D7483FB4.jpeg

Here’s some more pics,
BA275E31-C397-421A-8BAA-575FDB82CE90.jpegThis is 2 inches from the end of the LH stringer.
Dry , hard , but discoloured 4336EE71-18E6-4DE4-8BDB-E1A13821E41B.jpegThis is about 8” down the LH stringer
Dry, hard, appears goodE3F35E3B-2D05-4674-8148-C2CF4C22D780.jpegThis is 4” from the end of the RH stringer,
Dry hard, appears good.

Wasn’t a total bad day, we all knew the pod wasn’t going on unless it was welded in one piece, properly and with a rake. Sad cause in my opinion it would of took only 20 something hours to make it right but now it’s past that point.
Here’s something that might cheer ya up?View attachment 76970View attachment 76971View attachment 76972
Nice! My new AGM just kept the wallas fan going keeping the family warm and made my new ace/Brutus motor hum like no ones business. 9 keeper dungees in two pulls of commercial traps from a 120 feet. That is plenty of power for a 26! Planning to install an inverter?

Back