Canucks 2021 Season

If someone, anyone took care of Marchant early we may have took this game.
Agreed, that was when it was all over for the Canucks run for the cup. If Sedin even just wrestled him to the ground that would have sent a message to both teams. Sedins were strong physical players. Just could not fight.

Will Green be fired after the game in Ottawa Wednesday? The Canucks come home and have a couple days off before playing again, that seems like it would be the time to do it. Benning wants to save his skin, so firing Green may be the way to do it, for now. Benning has to go regardless of if Green does or not!

I'm a long time canucks fan. This is the best position we've been as a franchise. This team has tons of talent. But they needed a bigger retool before the season started. Now the gm,whoever it may be will be able to trade guys without everyone thinking hes trading away another Cam Nealie. If the current group made it to the playoffs they would be bumped early. Giving us false hope for a few years until another full rebuild. Now we have pieces we can actually use to retool..
I'd hate to loose Miller for nothing, I'd start by trading him to a contender for a rising prospect, a guy ready in two years.

Will Green be fired after the game in Ottawa Wednesday? The Canucks come home and have a couple days off before playing again, that seems like it would be the time to do it. Benning wants to save his skin, so firing Green may be the way to do it, for now. Benning has to go regardless of if Green does or not!
Will be interesting of whether Greene survives for another day. Hoy smokes we won a game but don't fool yourself even though the Habs were outshot the Canucks still had enough dumb plays out there if it were not for Demko. Luckily for us the Habs had more. Execution and system still a coaching and player challenge as the 1 goal losses has taken its toll. I feel Aquilini has most likely made his decision for change but needs to get it right and that's going to take time.
So IMHO if they lose to Ottawa Greene gets tapped and 8 year JB survives the season and then faces the unemployment line.

I wouldn't be surprised if no one gets fired, I can't see the owner throwing 10M down the toilet!!! I believe JB and Greene would love to take the money and run though.

I wouldn't be surprised if no one gets fired, I can't see the owner throwing 10M down the toilet!!! I believe JB and Greene would love to take the money and run though.
Totally agree about the owner

Looks to me like the classic Vancouver pattern developing. Despite having some skilled players they could not play as a team or defensively and morale suffers and effort drops off, with many games being lost by a point, which would have been higher without good goaltending. They reach the point where making the play-offs is out of reach. The skilled players are embarrassed and begins to wonder about their future and up their individual effort. They start winning enough games to screw their chances for a high-end draft pick, not that they have ever done well in the lottery and luck into a much higher pick, as some teams seem able to do.

My god that was a pathetic performance and just plain garbage for a so called NHL team. Poor Demko.
Unprepared, heartless, undisciplined and clearly playing as individuals. Myers especially and Poolman is looking like a very poor signing. I am beginning to think COVID fried their brains.
Mercy please so turned it off after 2 periods and was deciding what channel the holiday fire log was on. Settled for Netflix "Lost in Space". Appropriate for the evening, truth be told.

Fire benning chants were strong after Crosby’s goal. Changes are supposed to be coming this week. Futa or Rutherford for pres or gm?

I think we just need to pay them more money to increase their motivation on the ice, clearly they are not making enough money , lol

Fire benning chants were strong after Crosby’s goal. Changes are supposed to be coming this week. Futa or Rutherford for pres or gm?
Benning needs to go. He has managed the Canucks like they were a contender for 8 years now and they never have been. Trading picks and prospects for short term help, making bad signings of free agents for too much $ for too long, taking guys near the end of their career, and squandering high picks they did have on Virtanen and Juolevi. The Juolevi one was the worst. picked after him were Tkachuk, Keller, and top defenseman including Sergachev, McAvoy, Chykrin. Almost anyone else in the first round would have been better.

Benning needs to go. He has managed the Canucks like they were a contender for 8 years now and they never have been. Trading picks and prospects for short term help, making bad signings of free agents for too much $ for too long, taking guys near the end of their career, and squandering high picks they did have on Virtanen and Juolevi. The Juolevi one was the worst. picked after him were Tkachuk, Keller, and top defenseman including Sergachev, McAvoy, Chykrin. Almost anyone else in the first round would have been better.

cauncks have always been managed like this.

cauncks have always been managed like this.
True with the exception of Burke going and getting both Sedins at the 1999 draft. They also drafted guys like Edler, Bieska, Kesler, Raymond and even Jannik Hansen (9th round) that were important parts of the 2011 team. Who was the last late rounder to be a good player for the canucks under Benning (Gustav Forsling 5th round doesn't count since he is a top 4 defenceman for FLORIDA )?

Back