Canucks 2021 Season

JB has had 8 years. There is one D man that he has drafted that has made the team. The weakest area is D. There has been zero player development in the minors. About 1/2 his 1st rounders have been hits. It is hard to comment on 2nd rounders as so many have been traded away. JB and Green are dead men walking just waiting for the axe to fall. At this point it doesn't really matter if they stay a day, a week, a month or till the end of the season. This season is a write off.
It could be argued that the biggest reason for change sooner rather than later would be to try and resurrect EP 40 and Boeser before their current funks become permanent.

Benning needs to go. He has managed the Canucks like they were a contender for 8 years now and they never have been. Trading picks and prospects for short term help, making bad signings of free agents for too much $ for too long, taking guys near the end of their career, and squandering high picks they did have on Virtanen and Juolevi. The Juolevi one was the worst. picked after him were Tkachuk, Keller, and top defenseman including Sergachev, McAvoy, Chykrin. Almost anyone else in the first round would have been better.
To be fair, all scouting agencies had Juolevi ranked 5-8th, it wasn’t that far of a reach. Hindsight is always 20/20

Benning needs to go. He has managed the Canucks like they were a contender for 8 years now and they never have been. Trading picks and prospects for short term help, making bad signings of free agents for too much $ for too long, taking guys near the end of their career, and squandering high picks they did have on Virtanen and Juolevi. The Juolevi one was the worst. picked after him were Tkachuk, Keller, and top defenseman including Sergachev, McAvoy, Chykrin. Almost anyone else in the first round would have been better.
Yeah that pick didn’t work out but every team misses. How many teams didn’t draft Hughes?

Canucks hire Bruce Boudreau as head coach to replace Travis Green​

BruceBoudreau.jpg

Bruce Boudreau is the newest coach of the Vancouver Canucks. (AP/file)

Vancouver Canucks have fired head coach Travis Green and hired Bruce Boudreau to replace him, Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman reports.

The move came Sunday, after the Canucks lost for the 10th time in 13 games, falling 4-1 to the visiting Pittsburgh Penguins on Saturday.

It was a particularly ugly night with fans chanting "Fire Benning" – making their feelings known about general manager Jim Benning in the third period. Later, one fan tossed a jersey on the ice as a modest two-game win streak – against two of the weaker teams in the league in Montreal and Ottawa – came to an end.

The Canucks are 8-15-2 on the season, last in the Pacific Division.

Boudreau has coached the Washington Capitals, Anaheim Ducks and, most recently, the Minnesota Wild. In 984 games coached, he has 567 wins, 302 losses and 115 overtime losses. In 2007–08, while with the Capitals, Boudreau won the Jack Adams Award as top coach, but his inability to take an Alex Ovechkin-led team deep into the playoffs and an early-season slump led to his dismissal on Nov. 28, 2011.

Over 14 seasons behind the bench, Boudreau has never had a losing season. He has, however, never coached a team to the Stanley Cup Final, getting to the conference finals once.

After being fired by the Wild on Feb. 14, 2020, and spent part of this season as an analyst with the NHL Network – which is appropriate for a guy whose nickname is "Gabby."
Boudreau, 66, was born in Toronto and played for both his hometown Marlies as well as Maple Leafs. His playing career was spent primarily in the minors, however, over 779 games between 1972 and 1992 in the AHL, CHL and IHL. In 141 NHL games, all with the Leafs, he had 28 goals and 42 assists for 70 points.

The 50-year-old Green, a native of Castlegar, B.C., became the second head coach fired in the NHL this season after Chicago's Jeremy Colliton .

That guy is being immortalized into Canuck history. Shame it had to come to this but to me anyway, the buck stops with ownership. Not much will change until that does unfortunately.
Need more yelling and consequences for crap play! This isn’t timbits hockey like we see in the intermissions. Bruce will bang some heads and yell when needed might bring some results

You have to be super human and driven to make it to the NHL. They go out there and want to win. Sure they have off nights but I believe they try to win and do their best every night.

To be fair, all scouting agencies had Juolevi ranked 5-8th, it wasn’t that far of a reach. Hindsight is always 20/20
Except pretty much EVERYONE knew Tkachuk was going to be really good. GM's that build good teams year after year don't make those errors, and uncover some gems in later rounds. Benning has screwed up two top 5 picks, and either traded away or produced nothing outside of round 1 (except Demko in one of the few round 2 picks he hasn't given away) . Good riddance, maybe a new GM will actually rebuild the team. With the same owners that is probably wishful thinking.

I doubt Boudreau will be turning it completely around and make the playoffs this year
They need to be hiring a President to over see the whole business but I doubt Aquallini will give up overall control

That guy is being immortalized into Canuck history. Shame it had to come to this but to me anyway, the buck stops with ownership. Not much will change until that does unfortunately.
What the Canucks should do is make another statue. A statue of the jersey flying over the boards. Vancouver loves their statues.

I doubt Boudreau will be turning it completely around and make the playoffs this year
They need to be hiring a President to over see the whole business but I doubt Aquallini will give up overall control
PLAYOFFS...........................................................................................................................................................................................................best joke of the year!

I really stopped watching this team when those 2 clowns came in Benning made some REALLY bad decisions early, and his worse was losing tanev and markstrom . he really didnt even try .. what gets me is they mold these guys from junior them let them go for noting or a bag of pucks. My buddy in alberta thanks me often for those 2 guys ... and then says what a fool the canucks were

I really stopped watching this team when those 2 clowns came in Benning made some REALLY bad decisions early, and his worse was losing tanev and markstrom . he really didnt even try .. what gets me is they mold these guys from junior them let them go for noting or a bag of pucks. My buddy in alberta thanks me often for those 2 guys ... and then says what a fool the canucks were
yup lots of canucks have won cups just not with the canucks lol

Back