Canucks 2021 Season

With OEL out a week and Hamonic out 2-3 weeks, I think Bruce's 2 game win steak comes to an end tonight, (even though the Jets played last night) especially with Hunt drawing in, he's been brutal , why not give Juulen a shot, at least he has some size. I feel sorry for Demko tonight, hope I'm wrong.

With OEL out a week and Hamonic out 2-3 weeks, I think Bruce's 2 game win steak comes to an end tonight, (even though the Jets played last night) especially with Hunt drawing in, he's been brutal , why not give Juulen a shot, at least he has some size. I feel sorry for Demko tonight, hope I'm wrong.
Hamonic has hardly been there all year so they should be used to that. OEL will be missed. I'm not actually sure who else they have waiting in the wings defensively, which is worrisome or just shows I'm not up on things. How about giving Rathbone another shot.

Hamonic has hardly been there all year so they should be used to that. OEL will be missed. I'm not actually sure who else they have waiting in the wings defensively, which is worrisome or just shows I'm not up on things. How about giving Rathbone another shot.
I think Rathbone is either hurt or sick and not available, they are very thin for depth on the d

I think Rathbone is either hurt or sick and not available, they are very thin for depth on the d
Definitely a prime need for this team - at least one and probably two big, mobile, stay-at-home puck-moving D-men. They won't progress without shoring up the D... gee Tanev would look good now...
That and a natural 2nd or 3rd line center who can win face-offs and you might seriously talk about contending...

Exciting game, good win considering being down 2 NHL defensemen. Demko was again outstanding and Hughes played an incredible game. The only thing on the Canucks OT powerplay they played like they were on a PK. No one in front of the net and mostly standing around. Who drew that up? On to Carolina.

YUP you were wrong....LOL

The sweep continues. Smyl must be wondering if he's next?
Smyl won’t get fired. He doesn’t really have a big role if he doesn’t want one. He can just be the old school Canuck poster boy next to Kirk McLean.

The next game vs Carolina will show what the Canucks have , Carolina plays fast , slugs like Chaisson and Myers will surely get exposed again Sunday , Demko is stealing games

The next game vs Carolina will show what the Canucks have , Carolina plays fast , slugs like Chaisson and Myers will surely get exposed again Sunday , Demko is stealing games
3rd game in 4 nights for carolina, they're playing the oilers tonight so they should be ripe for a loss tomorrow, I think the canucks will beat a tired team tomorrow.

3rd game in 4 nights for carolina, they're playing the oilers tonight so they should be ripe for a loss tomorrow, I think the canucks will beat a tired team tomorrow.

How many times have we heard that and the team comes in and smokes the Canucks , I think these guys are in such good shape that isn’t much of a factor anymore, hope you’re right though!

How many times have we heard that and the team comes in and smokes the Canucks , I think these guys are in such good shape that isn’t much of a factor anymore, hope you’re right though

History tells me that I should not expect a favourable outcome tonight as sooner or later I am afraid they will have a letdown and somewhat fall back to their old ways. Hoping not but they are surprising with the improved play but with 2 NHL defencemen out of the lineup it will be a challenge. IMHO they can send Chaisson to the AHL anytime as his play/effort last game in particular was pathetic. Will Lockwood brings more grit and speed to the lineup.

Carolina plays fast....

Did you see the Canucks after the final horn went?

They weren't swanning around giving each other little kisses they were gasping for breath that victory was a near thing.

Back