Canucks 2021 Season

Last night McDavid was unstoppable. Speed kills. Generation talent no doubt but without a red line, no clutching or grabbing I still think through the Gretzky, Lemieux era they we're the best in the business. Crosby most likely on the same level.
As for the game, the Canucks top line really missing Miller. Virtanen with limited ice time and in my opinion is on a very short leash with Greene to produce. Unfortunately not getting it done so far but with only a 2 game snapshot with the top line I will again hold judgement although I thought in the first game he played responsibly. Canucks team play is a work in progress as it looks like exhibition season too date. Good days to come and really looking forward to the Calgary series to check out how Markstrom and the other ex-Canucks perform. On the Winnipeg highlight reel last night Markstrom was big time flopping around. Will be at his best on Saturday with a point to prove I suspect.

Last edited:
Ya McDavid was on a mission last night and the canucks looked just ordinary . Virtanen was invisiable last night & it will be a different team once Miller is back.. How long is he out for?? Should be fun watching Calgary games a s ther eis already no love there :)

Gonna be an interesting season for sure...it is all going to come down to health (COVID Protocols) and the taxi squads...who has the most depth...she's a sprint to the playoffs really... a .500 season won't get it done so more than ever, every game will count.

I will say I super enjoy the lack of fans when we can here so clearly the banter from the ice and the bench. I do miss the ebb and flow of having home advantage but it is cool hearing everything else.

why the hell do we the background crowd noise, I would so enjoy just listening to the play by play and banter without this fake crowd bs they are spewing at us. It is nice to have hockey back but I'm watching most of the game with my volume OFF.

There was hardly any fake crowd noise in the first game. It made it easier to hear when the new play by play guy messed up numerous names

guess Miller is a bigger piece then we thought?
For sure and the trickle effect is pretty evident down the lineup. 3rd line especially. The defence 5 on 5 is ok when they headman the puck like they did in the 2nd period. In games they lost the opposing team continuously focused on the Canucks along the boards system. Over the last few years this is nothing new so hopefully something changes.
The other big hurdle is the Canucks record against Canadian teams has been abysmal (5-10) win loss ratio for 2019. Feasted on American teams so not sure what to expect.

Last nights game was definitely hard to watch pretty much worse than a pre season game. I am wondering why Green hasn't tried Hoglander on the 3rd line to see if he can be dominant against the other teams lesser lines. Sutter is in decent form and a very smart player, he might be a better fill in tight now on one of the top 2 lines and maybe on the 1st pp unit as they have been more than dismal, nothing but permiter passing and shooting, very frustrating to watch. I know it's early but Green doesn't seem to keen on changing much so far. Guys are still finding their legs probably be another week or so but our new guys must be thinking wtf have I come to here, lol. There just seems to be not much emotion with a lot of the canucks. Lets hope Edler isn't out for a while, that would be crippling, Petey was tossed around like a rag dog and easily pushed off the puck, he sure misses Miller. Monday will be an interesting game, who starts in goal? I would start Holtby, he looks sharp and I didn't think Demko looked good at all in his start.

Ya McDavid was on a mission last night and the canucks looked just ordinary . Virtanen was invisiable last night & it will be a different team once Miller is back.. How long is he out for?? Should be fun watching Calgary games a s ther eis already no love there :)
I understand Miller has medical clearance and sources say he has taken a private jet to Calgary. Was at practise today. Hopefully he will spark the #1 to get it done.

The canucks are a different team if he is in the line up... :)
Ya, for 1 period, lol. Demko is not up to form at all, Petey seems lost, Hog needs to be on the 3rd line, it's early but they won't win any games against Calgary if they don't change the way they play.

yup.. you are correct .The nucks need to get there **** together or they wont be going anywhere. They have always struggle withthe Canadian teams.. weird

Back