Canucks 2021 Season

I believe the Calgary backup keeper has 2 shutouts so they are doing something right.
True, sutter is definitely making them focus on playing better defensively. But when your starter has 5 SO in 15 games, can’t help but build confidence for whole team.

I know everyone raves about Demko and how good he's been but the fact of the matter is that his save % is only .906 which ranks him less than 50th in the league. He isn't even close to Markstrom. Yes he makes some good saves but also lets in goals that he shouldn't. I also hear people talking about our star players and how this team is good on paper, I think our players just aren't very good. Guys like Boesser, Petterson, Horvat, Pearson, Myers and the new guys they signed this past summer are very over-rated as the proof is what you're seeing on the ice this year and last year. Could you imagine trying to Trade Petterson right now, what other team in their right mind would give us anyone worthwhile.

I know everyone raves about Demko and how good he's been but the fact of the matter is that his save % is only .906 which ranks him less than 50th in the league. He isn't even close to Markstrom. Yes he makes some good saves but also lets in goals that he shouldn't. I also hear people talking about our star players and how this team is good on paper, I think our players just aren't very good. Guys like Boesser, Petterson, Horvat, Pearson, Myers and the new guys they signed this past summer are very over-rated as the proof is what you're seeing on the ice this year and last year. Could you imagine trying to Trade Petterson right now, what other team in their right mind would give us anyone worthwhile.
I’ll trade you a former Norris winner, 3 time cup champ, great leadership ability. Bonus..he lives in BC.

Canucks deserved much better as the effort was there. A couple of soft goals as Demko is loosing his crease after been shell shocked for far too many games now. He needs a rest and and a reset.
Pearson on that short handed goal deserved the end of the bench and Boeser I can't believe how poorly he is playing.
I also understand the riff between Miller and Horvat has now been addressed as a totally fabrication and is now considered ridiculous. The brutal Vancouver media needs to be accountable as this is beyond an embarrassment and unprofessional. At the same time the Canucks management let this fester. Do what Brian Burke did and ban individuals from the dressing room. This is no time time for niceties as a fan I need to see blood.

If the canucks make the playoffs this year. They'll win the cup. Because for them to make the playoffs they'll have to play their asses off. Being the worst in the league helps more then being mid level. Mid level teams never win the cup. When youre horrible it brings in changes. We need changes. They have a lot of good pieces but they're soft.

Canucks could use a gritty leader type of guy who can score, some one like say Matthew Tkachuk,, but Benning took Oli Juolevi instead. How's that working out for the Canucks? Benning should be fired for that one move alone , ignoring the all the other draft picks wasted (Virtanen) or traded away for nobodies, wasting millions on Beagle, Roussell,Errickson so they couldn't sign guys like Tanev or Taffoli. . Now the legacy we will get from Benning even after he is finally fired, is another monster albatross contract for Ekmann -Larrson the Canucks will have to carry for years. There are also guys Benning traded for nothing like Gustav Forsling who plays top 4 defence minutes for Florida, Jared McCann has become a pretty good center, (his 12 points in 16 games would put him 4th in Canucks scoring, 2nd in goals) but Benning traded him for the human pylon Eric Gubrandson.

Canucks could use a gritty leader type of guy who can score, some one like say Matthew Tkachuk,, but Benning took Oli Juolevi instead. How's that working out for the Canucks? Benning should be fired for that one move alone , ignoring the all the other draft picks wasted (Virtanen) or traded away for nobodies, wasting millions on Beagle, Roussell,Errickson so they couldn't sign guys like Tanev or Taffoli. . Now the legacy we will get from Benning even after he is finally fired, is another monster albatross contract for Ekmann -Larrson the Canucks will have to carry for years. There are also guys Benning traded for nothing like Gustav Forsling who plays top 4 defence minutes for Florida, Jared McCann has become a pretty good center, (his 12 points in 16 games would put him 4th in Canucks scoring, 2nd in goals) but Benning traded him for the human pylon Eric Gubrandson.
Agree with the Juolevi pick for sure as Benning wanted a defenceman badly and missed on Fox, Bean, McAvoy. At the end of the day if had just kept Tanev, didn't trade for E-Larrson, didn't give away Schmidt for a song even though he wanted out the Canucks defence would be solid IMHO. Virtanen over Ehlers and Nylander (enigma) was I think a middling owners decision. Benning got fooled on Gubranson as he had an outstanding playoff with Florida. Doing well in Calgary though as Sutter has simplified his game. Yup all kinds of JB decisions have been questionable especially the albatross contracts as mentioned. He has had his time to right the ship and hasn't got it done. He's finished in my opinion but at the same time he at least tried to correct his blunders. Too late I am afraid.
Canucks first and foremost need a seasoned President of Operations to oversee this mess.

The Georgia Strait had an "interesting" commentary on the Canucks this week

I found it hilarious , others may not

Note this article is profanity laced and may be deemed offensive by some.

Note to readers: Growing up back east and seeing years of the Stanley Cup Barbershop Maple Leaf Calendars, and then for the last 52 years hearing the premature annual celebration of Toronto's September This Is The Year We Win The Stanley Cup Victory Parade I realize the Canucks still have three years to go to beat the Leafs as losers. Let's rejoice in how close they are to taking that win. Small Victories, but then the Leafs likely have a commanding Four Season Lead in not winning the Cup.

Last edited:
Agree with the Juolevi pick for sure as Benning wanted a defenceman badly and missed on Fox, Bean, McAvoy. At the end of the day if had just kept Tanev, didn't trade for E-Larrson, didn't give away Schmidt for a song even though he wanted out the Canucks defence would be solid IMHO. Virtanen over Ehlers and Nylander (enigma) was I think a middling owners decision. Benning got fooled on Gubranson as he had an outstanding playoff with Florida. Doing well in Calgary though as Sutter has simplified his game. Yup all kinds of JB decisions have been questionable especially the albatross contracts as mentioned. He has had his time to right the ship and hasn't got it done. He's finished in my opinion but at the same time he at least tried to correct his blunders. Too late I am afraid.
Canucks first and foremost need a seasoned President of Operations to oversee this mess.

I totally agree. One thing that really bothers me is players come here and always seem to immediately be “off”

They were perfectly serviceable players and then they come here and just fall off the planet. This has happened forever ( Messier ) but focussing on more recently, Eriksson, Gudbranson, Beagle, Roussel, ( guy used to be tough and a pest; came here and did nothing) Schmidt, Hotlby. The last two couldn’t get out of here fast enough.
And to make matters worse, a lot of these players leave the team and then resume their careers and pick up their play again. Schmidt having a great year in the ‘Peg. same as Gudbranson. And to make matters even worse, so do our players that left ( Tanev, Edler, Forsling, Dahlen, MacEwen ( playing regular minutes in Philly and looks great ). For some reason Canuck fans hated Edler. yes he lost foot speed but he was extremely hard to play against and had a huge wingspan. He was a lifer; his contract expired and he saw enough to hit the hills.

The “culture” has been wrong for years around this team. They preach speed and skill but guess what? they have fast players but they are not a fast team. the puck will always move faster than a player and they have no luck movers. Quinn can’t do it all. Myers drinking game? every time Myers turns the puck over take a shot. You’ll have alcohol poisoning end of the first period. You also need some toughness. It makes your little sweethearts ( Petey, Brock, Nils , Quinn) play ten feet tall and bulletproof. I think the players are not happy with the moves Benning has made and are playing under protest. a very broken team right now

Last edited:
The Georgia Strait had an "interesting" commentary on the Canucks this week

I found it hilarious , others may not

Note this article is profanity laced and may be deemed offensive by some.

Note to readers: Growing up back east and seeing years of the Stanley Cup Barbershop Maple Leaf Calendars, and then for the last 52 years hearing the premature annual celebration of Toronto's September This Is The Year We Win The Stanley Cup Victory Parade I realize the Canucks still have three years to go to beat the Leafs as losers. Let's rejoice in how close they are to taking that win. Small Victories, but then the Leafs likely have a commanding Four Season Lead in not winning the Cup.

Thanks Bill 310 as this hilarious article pretty much nails 51 years of what we see today. Even with Bure,Linden and Mogilny in the line up the curse continued. I was there on opening night and seen it all and really we the fans deserve better. The Stanley Cup riot is the only real moment I was truly embarrassed to be a fan and what we see today tells me more than ever a total overall is in order with the right, quality highly respected leader. In the past only Quinn and Burke were the only 2 that brought respectability to the organization. Not sure if there is anyone available out there that fits the bill?
IMHO Aquilini should have brought Burke in with total anomaly to right the ship. Too late for that.

If someone, anyone took care of Marchant early we may have took this game. Ullmark was swimming for 2 periods in net and the Canucks couldn't put it away. AHL Burroughs stick check and Dickinsons coverage was atrocious on the 3rd Boston goal. Boeser again was invisible and Myers outlet passes continue be brutal. On a good note OEL and Horvat had strong games. Should be real interesting after the Montreal and Ottawa games.

Back