Canucks 2021 Season

hasn't this been the story of the canucks for the last 30 years, poor drafting, then selling off there draft picks for washed up plugs, allstars the come in fall flat on there faces, guys that are injury prone get traded away and somehow become all stars.

now that charge 18 bucks for a beer and have halved the size of the churro. you cant even wash the sorrow away
Hockey is Three Periods! the Nuckle Heads have "NEVER" yes "Never" figured that out , its all on Management and Coaches. As really the players are just kids needing direction..... as long as Owners and Agents get rich ! good sports viewing has been over for many years! IMHO

One of the reasons Green was hired was because of his skills at player development. Honing the skills of the younger players and so forth but I don't think it's working out for him. On another note send Pettersen down to the minors or send him to a sports psychologist until he picks up his game.

I thought Pettersson did look a little (not a lot) more confident and assertive with the puck last night other than the Getzlaf move, lol. Green is doing his rendition of desperation coaching, putting Myers with Hughes just makes no sense whatsoever to me, both those guys wander around a lot and need to play with someone who's good positionally, why split Myers and EOL. We had 2 minor league dmen as the 3rd pairing and a 6/7 dman playing in the top 4. I thought Garland was just brutal last night, especially on the back check. I want to see how we do when we get Poolman and Hamonic (he should be more up to snuff with a coupla more games in abby) back but I really think Green needs to go for sure. 1 other thing that could a bit part of the problem, maybe Horvat isn't the right guy for the C. He seems like he's sulking on the bench more instead of talking to his mates etc like Miller does, It would be tough to take it away from him and probably a lot easier to trade him, I have no idea if the room is divided or what, I just think they need a different type of captain (maybe Miller) who will address all issues and call a spade a spade, I like Horvat as a player but he is just to cliche for this team imho.

I thought Pettersson did look a little (not a lot) more confident and assertive with the puck last night other than the Getzlaf move, lol. Green is doing his rendition of desperation coaching, putting Myers with Hughes just makes no sense whatsoever to me, both those guys wander around a lot and need to play with someone who's good positionally, why split Myers and EOL. We had 2 minor league dmen as the 3rd pairing and a 6/7 dman playing in the top 4. I thought Garland was just brutal last night, especially on the back check. I want to see how we do when we get Poolman and Hamonic (he should be more up to snuff with a coupla more games in abby) back but I really think Green needs to go for sure. 1 other thing that could a bit part of the problem, maybe Horvat isn't the right guy for the C. He seems like he's sulking on the bench more instead of talking to his mates etc like Miller does, It would be tough to take it away from him and probably a lot easier to trade him, I have no idea if the room is divided or what, I just think they need a different type of captain (maybe Miller) who will address all issues and call a spade a spade, I like Horvat as a player but he is just to cliche for this team imho.
It’s funny you mention Horvat and his Captaincy because I was go to say basically the same as you have. He’s a decent player and all but I don’t think he’s an inspirational leader. He needs to drag his boys into the fight and get in there be more physical and edgy, knock some people on their asses. His routine isn’t working.

It’s funny you mention Horvat and his Captaincy because I was go to say basically the same as you have. He’s a decent player and all but I don’t think he’s an inspirational leader. He needs to drag his boys into the fight and get in there be more physical and edgy, knock some people on their asses. His routine isn’t working.
for sure a good captain should do exactly that, Iginla is a perfect example, also a good captain would've called a players meeting and have them all just air it out and give each other **** etc without mgmt ears, too many guys underperforming and need to hear it from their peers, most teams would've done this by now, especially after the no show in colorado.

I love Horvat but when he didn’t peel the mitts and fight McNab after he wrecked Podkolzin i couldn’t believe it.

i actually hate the “you must fight the other guy cause he threw a big hit” mentality but …we need something…..anything to spark this clown show of a team

Slow start again for first 10 minutes giving the AV's a free skate through the neutral zone and in your home rink? That's on the coaches system which I saw little in the way of adjustments.
The rest of the game failures was on the players, the good they battled but an undisciplined elbow by Chiasson after the tying goal and Hughes reaction to a questionable hit was a killer. Totally done with Chiasson as the 2 guys let go Gad and McEweyn were better options. That's on Benning and Greene. With No shots for 8 minutes in the 3rd with 3 PP goals against along with a empty netter, really nothing has changed . Snake bitten with broken sticks and what's with BB6 as he needs to see the end of the bench. Can't play 2 periods and expect any other outcome.
By the way I still hate Kadri.
On to the high flying Winnipeg as they are player great hockey.

Seems like most of this group of players aren't willing to put in the effort for this coaching/management organization. Pettersen in particular seems truculent and defensive in each media conference I see.

Seems like most of this group of players aren't willing to put in the effort for this coaching/management organization. Pettersen in particular seems truculent and defensive in each media conference I see.
They need to sit Petterson on the bench until he starts to see the light. He's not helping this team at the moment, in fact he's a hinderance. Call up one of the kids like Will Lockwood, at least he'll give it his all and hit some people.
$7.3million for Petterson makes Louie look like a deal, lol. Lucky we only got conned for 3 years. I'm not sure what he did over the summer but it doesn't seem like he spent much time trying to get stronger and faster. He looks slower and weaker to me.
When he said that he wanted to play for a winning team that told me that he was a bit of a passenger not a leader. If you want to play for a winning team, make it happen and drag everyone else along with you.
Rant over :p

Last edited:
Pettersen must still be pissed when he got picked up, dumped on his head and nobody did anything about it. Change his name from Peety to Pouty.

Last edited:
Will finally take a win as Demko was solid and the team worked hard and defended the neutral zone much better.
But let's face it the Jets in my opinion are one of the best and biggest teams in the league but 3 games in 4 nights caught up with them. Not sure what Myers was up to as I don't know how many times he iced the puck with poor outlet passes. PP came to life and the Canucks face off % was key to the win.
On to Chicago who have been playing well after a coaching change.

Pettersen must still be pissed when he got picked up, dumped on his head and nobody did anything about it. Change his name from Peety to Pouty.
most of is team mates probably weren't too upset to see this, some probably had the giggles a bit , lol

Tough loss tonight and probably deserved better but Chicago 3 games in 4 nights with a back to back stayed with their system and got the win. Canucks 6 post's and with the 15-0 Fleury record against the Canucks we were snake bitten. Beginning to think this team is finding a bad way's to lose.
Help me understand with what is at stake that the Canucks could possibly come out flat in the 3rd. Out-shot 11-2 after 13 minutes was all the momentum the Hawks needed. Horvat should start acting like a captain as he is just playing his game and needs to lead by example. PS Greene: Podkolzin needs be on the PP not Chaisson.

Everytime I see Chaisson on the ice I cringe , get rid of slow ” old “ guys Beagle , Erickson and Roussel and bring in Chaisson, any surprise how bad the Canucks are ?

I was really hoping it would be Travis Green not making this road trip and not Hamonic. time to trade for some grit that can skate, trade Boeser and maybe Horvat, how about giving Hogs more ice time than Petey till the weak **** smartens up, wacking his stick on the ice after a mistake is just so effing immature, he wastes a second or 2 in getting back into the play and doing something productive, bench the ***** when he does that ****.

Back