Canucks 2021 Season

in the overtime did the Ducks at one time have 5 skaters on the ice that wasnt called either? Canucks played a pretty good game last night, just didnt get the outcome deserved for sure.

in the overtime did the Ducks at one time have 5 skaters on the ice that wasnt called either? Canucks played a pretty good game last night, just didnt get the outcome deserved for sure.
Agree deserved better. Apparently 2 times mentioned that the Ducks in OT were too many men on the ice. Gibson was lights out particularly on Horvat's effort. Let's face 11-2 and a 1.77 GAA against the Canucks is a killer.

A frustrating game in that even when they play well and for the most part dominated the game, they still find a way to lose. 'The Canucks do not need help from the officials to lose a game, but it seems the number of missed and just plain bad calls seems to be going against them. An interesting thought from one of the commentators was that in some other pro sports, officials are sometimes called to account by being grilled by aggressive reporters in front of TV cameras, to explain their thinking on bad calls.

Wasn’t able to watch the Canucks last night due to regional blackouts. Looking forward to the comments today. Side note…how ‘bout the Oilers?!

Yup, run over by the AV's. The team is not just having a night off. Is it the bench or the players? In my opinion we have nothing more to learn here as the players body language is a telling story. The room is lost and you got to ask yourself why as there is no other logic to the inconsistency. Out of synch, no balance, no one willing to do the dirty work as the team is full of marshmallows. System is predictable, soft and slow. Need some hate with role players, oh we don't have any anymore. That's on JB and the coaches influences. Schmidt who is a +7 in Winnipeg wanted out after 1 year so what's with that. Why did quality people Malhortra and Linden leave the organization?
Something has got to give so I guess firstly the coaching staff needs to go. Greene's tenure is .470 % so that gets most coaches fired. JB next if the changes don't show progress.
As for the Oilers they are playing with a ton of confidence as the players have bought into the system and are being rewarded. Mind you MCJesus and Draisaitl do help a bit.

The Canucks have no identity. no toughness, no grit. can’t hit. can’t pass. can’t score. can’t defend.
i shudder to think about what their record would be if it wasn’t for Demko.
special teams are a disaster. they are completely lost. i’ve been a fan since the early eighties and this start is one of the worst and is very, very concerning.

i truly think if they lose all three on this road trip heads are gonna roll.

Benning has had a looooooong leash and he is responsible for this team including letting people walk for nothing like MacEwen, the only guy who hit, fought, or stuck up for his teammates. Forsling is a regular Dman now and now Dahlen is lighting it up in San Jose.

this teams a disaster right now

I really doubt Aqualinni will pay for 2 gm’s and/or 2 coaches.

yah i feared that. and even if he does, he will follow his tradition and get some rookie gm and rookie coach from the KHL or some other two bit dog and pony outfit. this team is exhausting

Why would they fire Benning? He’s francesco’s puppet. He Does whatever franky says. No reputable GM would take that job knowing full well that Francesco is making all the decisions, good or bad. Mostly bad haha

You know the initial effort was there but with 3 AHL's defensemen and no 4th line what can you expect. Hunt and Bowey were in trouble all night and really Greene without last change couldn't do anything about that. If the lineup had some toughness maybe it could have added an additional spark. End of the bench for EP40 I am afraid as he was a -3 tonight.
Atrocious referring, especially the 3 period delay of game with the score 4-4. It's a frail team out there but don't fool ourselves Vegas was missing 6 top end players but again their solid and big defence were whole.
On to the Ducks for more of the same.

Why would they fire Benning? He’s francesco’s puppet. He Does whatever franky says. No reputable GM would take that job knowing full well that Francesco is making all the decisions, good or bad. Mostly bad haha
well his contract is up end of this year so maybe they will just let him walk like they have done with so many of their prospects and good players like toffoli

The Coyotes at 1-13 really look like they’re willing to make a run for pick #1.

1-13!!!!!!

The Coyotes at 1-13 really look like they’re willing to make a run for pick #1.

1-13!!!!!!
imagine what all those ex canucks on that team are thinking? the ones that were all penalty killers? they must be laughing their asses off, while enjoying the sun and golfing their heads off

Besides the team being lost out there, JB's spin and Greene's development of draft picks is now even more in question. Defence first priority hasn't materialized and with nothing on the horizon that's on JB. Long story short keeping Tanev was the solution. Interesting that he's no longer injury prone as he doesn't need to expose himself.
The Ducks have 3 high draft picks Zegras, Drysdale and McTavish are all showing great promise behind a solid system. Canucks Pod's and not much else. Not keeping Gadjovich and McEweyn with size has really exposed the lack of team toughness and overall leads to more injuries. The rest of the league knows this, why not farm boy Benning and by the way keep your draft picks and stop finishing out the season on a high note and just tank. The fans would except that in my opinion.

Last edited:
Besides the team being lost out there, JB's spin and Greene's development of draft picks is now even more in question. Defence first priority hasn't materialized and with nothing on the horizon that's on JB. Long story short keeping Tanev was the solution. Interesting that he no longer injury prone as he doesn't need to expose himself.
The Ducks have 3 high draft picks Zegras, Drysdale and McTavish are all showing great promise behind a solid system. Canucks Pod's and not much else. Not keeping Gadjovich and McEweyn with size has really exposed the lack of team toughness and overall leads to more injuries. The rest of the league knows this, why not farm boy Benning and by the way keep your draft picks and stop finishing out the season on a high note and just tank. The fans would except that in my opinion.
You forgot about Hoglander, he's one of our bright lights.
There has to be something wrong with Petterson. He can't just turn into being that bad without some issue or issues. He's slow, looks weak and if he were a rookie coming in I don't think he'd make the team :confused:

Besides the team being lost out there, JB's spin and Greene's development of draft picks is now even more in question. Defence first priority hasn't materialized and with nothing on the horizon that's on JB. Long story short keeping Tanev was the solution. Interesting that he no longer injury prone as he doesn't need to expose himself.

hasn't this been the story of the canucks for the last 30 years, poor drafting, then selling off there draft picks for washed up plugs, allstars the come in fall flat on there faces, guys that are injury prone get traded away and somehow become all stars.

now that charge 18 bucks for a beer and have halved the size of the churro. you cant even wash the sorrow away

Back