Canucks 2021 Season

I was really hoping it would be Travis Green not making this road trip and not Hamonic. time to trade for some grit that can skate, trade Boeser and maybe Horvat, how about giving Hogs more ice time than Petey till the weak **** smartens up, wacking his stick on the ice after a mistake is just so effing immature, he wastes a second or 2 in getting back into the play and doing something productive, bench the ***** when he does that ****.
Exactly!

This upcoming 5 game road trip will IMHO finish Greene off if we see much of the same. Personally it should have happened earlier but it is what it is. The Canucks overall played well last night but good teams don't have excuses. The start of the 3rd was totally unacceptable. The Canucks defence is 1 injured player short of being in even more trouble. With Hamonic as mentioned not joining the team the writing is on the wall.
Right, Boeser is one dimensional and is not getting the job done. He is slow afoot, not heavy on the boards but at least he's a reasonable passer. His value is deteriorating so I personally would trade him and hopefully finally acquire a solid stay at home RD to complement Hughes. No way Horvat as captain goes in my opinion but maybe Miller at the trade deadline.

This upcoming 5 game road trip will IMHO finish Greene off if we see much of the same. Personally it should have happened earlier but it is what it is. The Canucks overall played well last night but good teams don't have excuses. The start of the 3rd was totally unacceptable. The Canucks defence is 1 injured player short of being in even more trouble. With Hamonic as mentioned not joining the team the writing is on the wall.
Right, Boeser is one dimensional and is not getting the job done. He is slow afoot, not heavy on the boards but at least he's a reasonable passer. His value is deteriorating so I personally would trade him and hopefully finally acquire a solid stay at home RD to complement Hughes. No way Horvat as captain goes in my opinion but maybe Miller at the trade deadline.
Miller seems to be the true leader of the team. I don't see much coming from Horvat.

Losing to a Hawks team that played three games in four nights with only five defensemen is just unacceptable. you could clearly see they were gassed, but as usual they still managed to lose.

Miller seems to be the true leader of the team. I don't see much coming from Horvat.
right Miller imho is the defacto captain, taking the c from horvat could fracture the team and would be a tough thing to do regardless that's why I think they should trade him, he should commend very good value, then miller gets the c and they are able to resign him, trading horvat and boeser should be able to get us a gritty top 6 forward and a gritty 3/4 or higher d man. podz and hogs can play more minutes and petey can ride the pine a bit more and watch how men play the game, lol.

right Miller imho is the defacto captain, taking the c from horvat could fracture the team and would be a tough thing to do regardless that's why I think they should trade him, he should commend very good value, then miller gets the c and they are able to resign him, trading horvat and boeser should be able to get us a gritty top 6 forward and a gritty 3/4 or higher d man. podz and hogs can play more minutes and petey can ride the pine a bit more and watch how men play the game, lol.
That all sounds good but the one problem would be that it is Benning that would be doing the trading. God knows what he'd get for Horvat, I shudder to think lol.

What a mess, time for the white flag as Greene has nothing left as it's clear most of the players have stopped working for him. System meltdowns all over the ice. High end chances for the Penguins all night. Thank you Demko and Motte for your service. Greene refuses to adjust his system or doesn't know how. Teams embarrassed like this eliminate the neutral zone and slow the game down. Canucks offer a free skate, plain don't execute and underperform. Greene can't bench everyone.There is no spin left so step up Aquilini and do something.

What a mess, time for the white flag as Greene has nothing left as it's clear most of the players have stopped working for him. System meltdowns all over the ice. High end chances for the Penguins all night. Thank you Demko and Motte for your service. Greene refuses to adjust his system or doesn't know how. Teams embarrassed like this eliminate the neutral zone and slow the game down. Canucks offer a free skate, plain don't execute and underperform. Greene can't bench everyone.There is no spin left so step up Aquilini and do something.
I think aquilini should step down rather than step up

I think that's it for me as a viewer-damned embarrassing-I think I can find something better to do with my 3 hours-maybe scrabble or a crossword-anything is better than tonight's debacle. Thank God for Demco!!

I think that's it for me as a viewer-damned embarrassing-I think I can find something better to do with my 3 hours-maybe scrabble or a crossword-anything is better than tonight's debacle. Thank God for Demco!!
I’m finding jigsaws to be fun and challenging at the same time. Totally missed the game but i did find a dozen pieces for the puzzle :oops:

Team needs a shake up.....I would start with Peterson on the 4th line. He has had more than enough opportunity to shake whatever he is going through. It is not really a slump, he is just playing terrrible. Horvat is not Captain material, i think he should be traded or just pass the C onto JT and be done with it. Positives, Podkolzin, hoglander, Garrland, and both goalies.

Last edited:
Babcock is in town with his team from U of Sask and apparently he’s meeting with Aquilini’s. Normally I wouldn’t be into hiring some damaged goods like that, but maybe we just need a coach like that to set this locker room straight.

on a side note, Fin is a chinook.

Attachments

• B5CF2225-71A7-4D48-B3F5-E951EF1D7B43.jpeg
    B5CF2225-71A7-4D48-B3F5-E951EF1D7B43.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 26
Babcock is in town with his team from U of Sask and apparently he’s meeting with Aquilini’s. Normally I wouldn’t be into hiring some damaged goods like that, but maybe we just need a coach like that to set this locker room straight.

on a side note, Fin

Agree that Babcock would be a likely candidate but no idea what his departure limitations are with the Leafs.
Still gets paid a kings ransom so other than his pride and the embarrassment of the Marner situation what's in it for him to take on another fragile Canadian franchise.
I do believe in my opinion the locker room is as mentioned divided and the culture is broken. Quite possibly with the glue guys leaving the team a couple years ago it's left the room in chaos. These guys are professional and it's part of the business but Markstrom was the alpha male and Tanev had a solid presence. Horvat is the quiet leader who leads by example but he's not getting it done on the ice. Outspoken Miller brings the attitude as captain that I would be looking for. Miller reminds me of Jovanovski . Unfortunately removing the C from Horvat IMHO would only add to the drama.

Last edited:

damaged goods or not he is the type of coach the canucks need now, look what sutter (not that he's damaged goods) with calgary since taking over.

damaged goods or not he is the type of coach the canucks need now, look what sutter (not that he's damaged goods) with calgary since taking over.
I would give as much credit to Markstrom for being unbelievable so far as I would to Sutter. It reminds me of the kiprusoff years. Average team, great goalie

I would give as much credit to Markstrom for being unbelievable so far as I would to Sutter. It reminds me of the kiprusoff years. Average team, great goalie
I believe the Calgary backup keeper has 2 shutouts so they are doing something right.

Back