Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Couple of things. When you get to a boat over $50k I think it would look way better with fresh black bottom paint. Also giving it a buff rather than saying it needs a buff would be a nice touch. You will need to clean it up really well to get near asking.
I never understand anyone selling that mentions "just needs this or that or have the parts easy to do" but don't do it. Just tells you the owner is lazy and red flags to what else is wrong.

I knew what I was asking for...took me a while to share it. I was hoping someone would find it/shred it before I shared it.

Updated thet add with a bunch of stuff I forgot. Will evaluate if I can bailm ount the plotter with out causing to much grief. Last time I tried it just gets in the way of site lines. Amazing how big this screen is.
I f it was my boat I'd put the dash back the way it was,put the Garmin on a pivot bracket that swings out from the cuddy.Emphasize that the boat was surveyed and found no rot if that is the case.Have the Yamaha scoped to ensure there isn't the corrosion problem (lots of them are OK).Clean and then clean some more,it makes a huge difference to buyers believe me,I've sold a few.The boat has a lot going for it if you can assure buyers that any negatives have been taken care of.

Hard to find desirable model Grady
Hardtop w/enclosure
Trailer w/elec. over hyd. brakes
Full height transom
Lots of storage
New up to date chartplotter/sounder
New fuel tank
Turn Key

Last edited:
I have a picture of my 28’ northwest beside one of these this summer someone’s tape measure is broken to say the

I noticed the same thing when mine sat on a trailer beside the reel west coast 30 at the dealer this fall. Some guys power them with twin 200 yams and say that hull works real nice with that package (around 5.6l between 2 engines).

I f it was my boat I'd put the dash back the way it was,put the Garmin on a pivot bracket that swings out from the cuddy.Emphasize that the boat was surveyed and found no rot if that is the case.Have the Yamaha scoped to ensure there isn't the corrosion problem (lots of them are OK).Clean and then clean some more,it makes a huge difference to buyers believe me,I've sold a few.The boat has a lot going for it if you can assure buyers that any negatives have been taken care of.

Hard to find desirable model Grady
Hardtop w/enclosure
Trailer w/elec. over hyd. brakes
Full height transom
Lots of storage
New up to date chartplotter/sounder
New fuel tank
Turn Key
Great feedback. I agree a survey in advance may be a good feature and emphasize the hull and engine condition comments. I personally would not mention rot or engine corrosion unless a potential buyer brings those up. I know it is great information upfront for an experienced buyer but focusing too much on the potential problems could send potential buyers who are not knowledgeable down a google rabbit hole.

Just to put that in perspective, plus exchange, shipping, pst, gst, luxury tax, brokerage, inspections, etc....
FOB Vancouver 500k Cdn and I'd need a bigger boathouse, and a kicker cause I hate the smell of diesel, oh and ya wouldn't be able to hear the music while ya fish

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221221-140824_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20221221-140824_Maps.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 11
Just to put that in perspective, plus exchange, shipping, pst, gst, luxury tax, brokerage, inspections, etc....
FOB Vancouver 500k Cdn and I'd need a bigger boathouse, and a kicker cause I hate the smell of diesel, oh and ya wouldn't be able to hear the music while ya fish
I don’t think lux tax is on used domestic but I could be wrong is it on used imported?

I don’t think lux tax is on used domestic but I could be wrong is it on used imported?
I'm not 100% but I would certainly error on the side of caution with my budget when writing a check at customs. There's a reference to 2018 and newer.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221221-152010_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221221-152010_Chrome.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 14
Back