Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

For 1/4 mill, I'd want more than 3 pictures and correct details like a LOA of 32.3. It isn't March 2022 it could use a few more details to sell quick.

I think the world has gone bonkers. What in the actual **** is up with these production built aluminum boats and why does everyone in BC think they are the greatest things since sliced bread? Well see how many are still around in 20 years. What a bunch of junk

For 1/4 mill, I'd want more than 3 pictures and correct details like a LOA of 32.3. It isn't March 2022 it could use a few more details to sell quick.

Christ I agree.

Does someone actually drop $250k on this boat nearing 1000hrs?

The outside of that boat is in rough shape. Those were only $180-200k a few years ago.
A few years ago doesn’t really matter anymore. My industry has had price increases of 60-100% in a year. And being that I use the same materials as aluminum boat builders, I’m sure they are losing money if those prices didn’t raise. But yeah, boat has enough hours to not make it worth it

Last edited:
I think the world has gone bonkers. What in the actual **** is up with these production built aluminum boats and why does everyone in BC think they are the greatest things since sliced bread? Well see how many are still around in 20 years. What a bunch of junk
That is a 90K boat IMO. House prices went up, everyone was rich and voila, 250K for a 90K boat.

I’ve been saying that for years, I can’t wrap my head around the hype ppl have for them.

This 😎

This will really blow your top if you think those two are expensive,

2020 Thunder Jet pilot 2828ft​

$331,900 (US$244,305)

Richmond, British Columbia​

https://www.yachtworld.com/yacht/2020-thunder-jet-pilot-28-8499404/

This one is almost reasonable, not the sellers fault we have Canadian pesos

35ft Tiara 3500 Yacht - Boat - Fishing - Cruising​

$139,880
Listed 3 weeks ago in Seattle, WA

If I was going to spend a quarter mill on an aluminum boat, I would start the truck and drive right down to Northwest and I'd ask real nice " pleaaaase Doug will you build me a boat ?"

If I was going to spend a quarter mill on an aluminum boat, I would start the truck and drive right down to Northwest and I'd ask real nice " pleaaaase Doug will you build me a boat ?"
would that get you a full cabin with stand up head and two berths and good sized kitchen with twin 350 power in a 10-6 x34 foot platform?
Asking for a friend...

would that get you a full cabin with stand up head and two berths and good sized kitchen with twin 350 power in a 10-6 x34 foot platform?
Asking for a friend...

Honestly it's a great question. I would definitely reach out to them and see what a hull costs.

Honestly it's a great question. I would definitely reach out to them and see what a hull costs.
that's where most people head right back to the production shop. I just don't have the time, or expertise, to deal with a project. I would never start a project like that without a firm and fixed price up front. The "you might as wells' really turn that 250k into 400k in no time.

that's where most people head right back to the production shop. I just don't have the time, or expertise, to deal with a project. I would never start a project like that without a firm and fixed price up front. The "you might as wells' really turn that 250k into 400k in no time.

Why would you build an aluminum yacht anyway? Just buy a yacht lol

I’ve been saying that for years, I can’t wrap my head around the hype ppl have for them.
longevity of owning and putting hours on these production boats with around almost 1/2 the fuel burn and motor replacements. i used to burn darn near 1/2 of the fuel that boats where using working side by side. Maybe not as comfy in rough water but after a few summers of charters the savings where huge. the lodge i worked for loved it as they paid for our fuel.

Back