Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

I would expect that from a Baha, not a Commander - aren't they built pretty tough?
Yes I think they are pretty tough but who knows the condition of the hull when the work was done etc. I don’t know the details of what happened but I do know something happened and he also had it for sale not long after it was built which makes me wonder. I heard it was a hull split. Someone at RPM in Alberni may have the answers if they are willing to share.

Yes I think they are pretty tough but who knows the condition of the hull when the work was done etc. I don’t know the details of what happened but I do know something happened and he also had it for sale not long after it was built which makes me wonder. I heard it was a hull split. Someone at RPM in Alberni may have the answers if they are willing to share.
If it's pre 91 then it's not foam filled. They beefed them up substantially after 91 when the diesels became the more standard option. Original hull was designed for gassers.

So fast.......
Anyone tow, launch and retrieve a 30 footer? I couldn’t launch my 25 due to low tide last Friday and the Saturday launching and retrieving the same day solo on top of wrestling kids around and traps makes for a full workout.

We ran a gas 30 footer to Bamfield from Sidney and it hurt, pre $2 litre. Even this short run video looks expensive.

Anyone tow, launch and retrieve a 30 footer? I couldn’t launch my 25 due to low tide last Friday and the Saturday launching and retrieving the same day solo on top of wrestling kids around and traps makes for a full workout.

We ran a gas 30 footer to Bamfield from Sidney and it hurt, pre $2 litre. Even this short run video looks expensive.
my 2870 is 30 and a bit LOA. It's a bit more work to tow, launch and retrieve, but after a dozen or so trips last year, i'm figuring it out. At this point I'm too chicken to do it solo. Certainly exponentially harder than doing the same with my trophy 2002.

my 2870 is 30 and a bit LOA. It's a bit more work to tow, launch and retrieve, but after a dozen or so trips last year, i'm figuring it out. At this point I'm too chicken to do it solo. Certainly exponentially harder than doing the same with my trophy 2002.
Exponentially! You won’t ever hear a broker say that, thanks for the share. I need one little mod for my trailer to load almost perfectly each time, did it with the family sitting warm in the truck Sunday with only one extra push and squeezing a bumper in. Amazing how much more helpful a bumper is then a buddy sometimes

Don’t avoid buying the boat you want because you are stressed about launching it. It’s a minor inconvenience vs. all the other stress these things cause in our life!! $$$$

This is my favourite solo launching setup - I have copied this guy’s technique and setup exactly, and I find it to be excellent.

I am no trailering stud here, and only have to do this a couple times a year with a ~31 foot overall Grady. I don’t even own a truck! Just rent…

I love how the process is so calm - no running around, shouting at buddies or even revving up the engines to get the boat off and on.

Don’t avoid buying the boat you want because you are stressed about launching it. It’s a minor inconvenience vs. all the other stress these things cause in our life!! $$$$

This is my favourite solo launching setup - I have copied this guy’s technique and setup exactly, and I find it to be excellent.

I am no trailering stud here, and only have to do this a couple times a year with a ~31 foot overall Grady. I don’t even own a truck! Just rent…

I love how the process is so calm - no running around, shouting at buddies or even revving up the engines to get the boat off and on.

And for the record… ~3:35 into the video… I don’t unhook my winch and safety chain until the boat is at the bottom of the ramp… the convenience of this step does not appear to be worth the risk based on my calculus…

And for the record… ~3:35 into the video… I don’t unhook my winch and safety chain until the boat is at the bottom of the ramp… the convenience of this step does not appear to be worth the risk based on my calculus…
Bunks vs Rollers does make sense for releasing the attachment early, however I agree with your method, leave an attachment until the boat is in the water.

Mine is a 2670, about 30' overall but a narrow beam. Pretty easy to pull.
Always need a higher tide to retrieve, but can launch on mid tides (nice to have rollers for this)
I also have a slip now and use it 20 times more than when I trailered it.

Back