Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

I’m thinking 85 gallon tank 115 mercs thirty g new probably 20 for newer lease returns and I’ve got a boat that will go as far as any bigger boat with thirsty motors hmmm
For a mostly solo fisher I’m thinking it’s an interesting concept
And the hull might be decent some reviews are favourable to ride quality
More like 35k with gauges and controls/props. Let’s say 10k for pod and glasswork including all the other stuff that ads up.

That boat even with that work done isn’t worth anything near 68k.

A member here @A-a-Ron did the conversion you are talking about. It looks great and seems to work great. I agree, these are a nice boats once you get rid of that dog house.
Yep I have no regrets. The 250 is more than ample, a 225 would be a great motor for it. If you’re gonna do all the work tho I wouldn’t do a 200. There’s a thread on here “Trophy Pod Project” if you wanna check out the build.
More like 35k with gauges and controls/props. Let’s say 10k for pod and glasswork including all the other stuff that ads up.

it’s true, I wouldn’t get the money back I put into it… but If you compare to anything you can buy with brand new power and a similar boat, you won’t find it… so one of those funny things.
But if you want the boat for a bunch of years give er. Trophy’s get a bad rap but post 2000 models in good condition are more than ample hulls for our seas. Love mine.

try building a race car or hot rod or anything theses days
Money is subjective to what a person wants
Nothing these days is “ worth it”
It all depends on what a person wants to do with “their” money

I’m not saying this is the direction I’m going but there are lots of options out there
A Grady in the size and style I want is a 100 to 150 sooo what’s wrong with spit balling for a bit to see what else would be similar as far as useage

It took me a long time to try and figure out how much these payment terms come out to. 18 years and about 1,198,940 not sure if that includes the gst and pst. Podding an old commander looks cheap in comparison.

10 % down
$2,455 CAD Bi-weekly (8.49% rate)
216 Months Amortization

IMG_2483.jpeg

I’m not saying this is the direction I’m going but there are lots of options out there
A Grady in the size and style I want is a 100 to 150 sooo what’s wrong with spit balling for a bit to see what else would be similar as far as useage

building hot rod, check.

Attachments

• IMG_3742.jpeg
    IMG_3742.jpeg
    422.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3733.jpeg
    IMG_3733.jpeg
    411.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2827.jpeg
    IMG_2827.jpeg
    589.6 KB · Views: 69

Biased trophy owner here…but couldn’t agree more. So you’re into the green 2352 for even $75k with pod, new outboards, might as well do the electronics and radar too because why wouldn’t you. Even still, a factory outboard seasport, Grady etc of the same vintage would be significantly more expensive than that. Look at that 24’ pursuit posted just above for $55k USD. That’s north of $80k landed and not zero hour motors. Lots to consider. I spent the wad on my 2002 trophy hardtop in 2021 and I’ll never get the cash back out it, but I’ve got a reliable, capable and relatively efficient boat for way less than a new striper or comparable. Just my two Pennies.

Why not go for something like this instead of pouring a bunch of money into a bayliner?

Why not go for something like this instead of pouring a bunch of money into a bayliner?
How dare you. Trophy boats are not “bayliners” after 2000. I’m triggered. 😭

^^^^^ this
Prices have also gone up since 2021. Unless someone has an excellent source of parts at cost and free labour I can’t see any dual motor outboard conversion coming in at less than 70k before the boat purchase. Usually a good time to replace the fuel tank, all electrical….. Some members have just done it so I may be way off? Once you add a second steering station and new electronics/trailer upgrade you’d be pushing 100k including taxes. Worth it for a dream boat.

Back