2024 Port Alberni and Alberni Inlet Reports

^ we tried higher up then stuck with deeper.... one thing for sure, get the morning bite, it slows down quickly after 9am. We started at 7:30 and even thats considered late.

What's going on this weekend around Port Alberni? Sockeye? Springs? I'm heading back over this coming weekend with my kids.

Hi there. I am new to the forum and have appreciated the reports. It sounds like fishing is tough right now in the inlet. My son and I will be at China Creek Saturday. He would like to do some ling fishing and I know we’ll need to head towards Bamfield for that. Is our 18ft kingfisher a suitable sized boat for making the run back from Bamfield in the early evening most days? I understand that Nahmint is usually the roughest patch of water? We’ll try to pick a lighter wind day for sure.

Hi there. I am new to the forum and have appreciated the reports. It sounds like fishing is tough right now in the inlet. My son and I will be at China Creek Saturday. He would like to do some ling fishing and I know we’ll need to head towards Bamfield for that. Is our 18ft kingfisher a suitable sized boat for making the run back from Bamfield in the early evening most days? I understand that Nahmint is usually the roughest patch of water? We’ll try to pick a lighter wind day for sure.
Best to wait till later in the evening. I had one of the scariest runs of my life last Friday at Nahmint in the afternoon (4pm ish). Somehow managed to turn around safely. Best to wait it out till later in the day (like 6-7pm). I knew it would be rough being there at 4 but wasn't prepared for THAT rough! Also in a 18'.

What's going on this weekend around Port Alberni? Sockeye? Springs? I'm heading back over this coming weekend with my kids.
I'll probably start for sockeye then switch to chinook after getting that limit. Heard limit was going to go back to 4 but haven't seen the email yet.

you either gotta head back before lunch or take your chances in the afternoon most days. Unless you have a big boat. I run an 18 out there often.

I'll probably start for sockeye then switch to chinook after getting that limit. Heard limit was going to go back to 4 but haven't seen the email yet.
I didn't think the sockeye would still be around? And are there any springs being caught? I'll go for socs if they're around.

Best to wait till later in the evening. I had one of the scariest runs of my life last Friday at Nahmint in the afternoon (4pm ish). Somehow managed to turn around safely. Best to wait it out till later in the day (like 6-7pm). I knew it would be rough being there at 4 but wasn't prepared for THAT rough! Also in a 18'.
That day was crazy. Were you running solo on the left side and turned around infront of the cabins? We were right behind you I believe, in an 18' campion, and you turned around right after we took a green one over the bow and between the windshield and canvas soaking us. It's too bad you turned around because 100 meters passed that it was completely fine.

Back