Hi all you Nootka fishing experts; My annual trip to the area is at the end of July which is near my 80th birthday and my grandkids have asked what i would like. My preference is fishing with spoons and in previous years I have had good luck with 3" and 4" watermelons. I already have a sufficient supply of them so if the grandkids get me some spoons, what others would you folks recommend for the returning Conuma River springs? Thanks for your help & Cheers; Twogone

Gibbs Skinny G got most of our salmon last year and the year before that in Nootka.

“Trailhead” in the mornings before sunrise, and “Super Nugget” on those sunny afternoons. Absolutely smashed ‘em.

Gibbs Skinny G got most of our salmon last year and the year before that in Nootka.

“Trailhead” in the mornings before sunrise, and “Super Nugget” on those sunny afternoons. Absolutely smashed ‘em.
We ran the West Coast Tackle version this year. The swivel and factory SS hook are awesome
Paint is way more durable than the Skinny G. Never even bent one.

We ran the West Coast Tackle version this year. The swivel and factory SS hook are awesome
Paint is way more durable than the Skinny G. Never even bent one.
Agreed. Far superior product. Been buying stuff from them since they used to deliver it to you on a street corner, in a little wagon.

As to the OP’s question about what spoons have been successful in Nootka, the specific patterns above out fished most around us, and helped fill our freezer.

Last edited:
That's SUPER; many thanks folks, TIGHT LINES & see ýa out there. I have about 5 gold nuggets in my tackle box that have no paint left on them. A bit annoying at $10.00 each. Not quite sure what to do with them. Thanks for the heads up re. the other brand. I will definitely try them. Thanks again;& Cheers; Twogone

That's SUPER; many thanks folks, TIGHT LINES & see ýa out there. I have about 5 gold nuggets in my tackle box that have no paint left on them. A bit annoying at $10.00 each. Not quite sure what to do with them. Thanks for the heads up re. the other brand. I will definitely try them. Thanks again;& Cheers; Twogone
Watermelons work up there too. One guy who’s local only ever fishes them. They work.

Good Morning .. Due to an unfortunate series of events ,Work is such that I will not be able to make to Critter Cove this year . I am wondering if there is anyone Interested in taking over my reservation . It is for the nights of July 18,19,20 They are for room 21 (https://crittercove.com/lodge-room/) Let me know Thanks

Tight lines

Staying at Ridgeview one night in July (Baymont still not open). Wondering if safe to leave my boat there overnight or is the launch storage lot …. Or something else..the best option???
Thanks

Staying at Ridgeview one night in July (Baymont still not open). Wondering if safe to leave my boat there overnight or is the launch storage lot …. Or something else..the best option???
Thanks
I've left my boat in the parking lot of the Ridgeview many times overnight. Never had any issues. I usually position the boat right in front of my room so I can watch it.

Went out 2 weeks ago - road is in pretty good shape, and better than last two years at this time. Grader was active when we went through.

Thanks
Left mine there the last two years with no issues. Restaurant up the hill just closed. Fyi

Back