2024 Nanaimo Reports

Fished the fingers to Neck Point tonight from 5 to 7. Not much to report very slow fishing. Caught one small spring and that was it. The pooch was getting over heated so headed in to cool down.

One spring and lost a few springs (or coho large enough to take a few good runs). Released a bunch of un clipped coho as per usual lately. The chinook was full of sand lance. Green and white hootchie on the bottom. The 2 we lost were on a small skinny g.

Went out the opener in the afternoon. Very hot weather . And hot fishing

2 man limit on springs and clipped coho. Released several wild coho. Fished about 2 hours

The big spring of the two was 15-16 pounds . Funny enough it was clipped too. Smaller was closer to 10

Going again this afternoon!

Last edited:

2 man limit on springs and clipped coho. Released several wild coho. Fished about 2 hours

The big spring of the two was 15-16 pounds . Funny enough it was clipped too. Smaller was closer to 10

Where yah fishing? Heading out tomorrow and trying to decide where.

Five fingers ideally but man the crap in the water was so bad yesterday.

Closer to thrasher was where I found em yesterday
Good to hear; I’ll be somewhere between Thrasher and Entrance tomorrow and Thursday. I sure hope it’s as easy to get our slot Chinook as it was last week when we had to release them.

I hope you turned that hatchery head in.

Roger. Just a note for all of you as an FYI.

It's hard for us at Sport Fishing Advisory 17 to help open up any of these areas if you don't turn the heads in. On top of the DNA data we collect through AVID angler program, the heads, and creel are just as important.

I often at Brechin see a bunch of coho heads at cleaning station not turned in. Real simple the freezer and tags are right there next to cleaning station, so no excuse.

At this stage of the game it's really important to do that. We all know there is politics preventing our area from opening when it should be open in springtime when it is our prime time fishing season. And be nice the creel surveyor. We need them to collect data.

Thanks guys will be out this week as well....

Back again this afternoon and only got two man limit on clipped coho. Lost a spring , maybe….. something stripping line and came off after a few seconds

Going back out in the morning …

Back