Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone heading out for the Easter Break?

We are going to be there for the week to spend sometime at the cabin and planning on getting the boat wet.

Been a while since I did any Spring fishing but thinking I’ll be able to find a few Hali’s to make it fun…

Last edited:
I'll be up there camping April 7/8/9 Not bringing boat though. No dock at Butch's yet. First boat trip is May long.
Soooo... if you need a crew member : )

I'll be up there camping April 7/8/9 Not bringing boat though. No dock at Butch's yet. First boat trip is May long.
Soooo... if you need a crew member : )
Sounds good….I will keep you posted. Honestly going to fish and crab a bit and most likely just me and the boy on the boat for the most part. I’ll be at PGM and I’ll let you know if the boat still floats and runs….lol

Back to work after a wet week in Renfrew. The rain was on and off but was pretty steady for two of my days there. Crabbing was good but not crazy like last year. We moved around a bit and found it didn't matter too much as long as the bait was fresh and you didn't let them soak too long. The boy and I spent some time jigging and Ling fishing was decent. Lots of smaller ones but a few eater sized were around. We only drifted for Halibut for about an hour but managed a small one for our efforts. Mostly a family trip to decompress after a long busy winter so the fishing and the boat time was a bonus. Can't wait until the kids are out of school and we will be back to our happy place....lol

Any tips on hali spots in close range? Without having to go out to the bank?
Without being to specific, anywhere past carmana, has good Hali early season, all the knobs and structure drop off has good Hali fishing early season, still a good run to get out there but all within 5-6 miles from carmana, look at your charts and go for it you will be surprised, again it’s better early season, later in the season the bulk is on the ranch side. Personally I get 98% of my Hali on the North east side of the bank early in the season. Watch the weather it can get a bit snotty in the early spring

Last edited:
Thinking about coming to Port Renfrew fishing in the next few weeks, does anyone know if they still have the boat traffic lane rule this year when you want to run out to swift shore?

Thinking about coming to Port Renfrew fishing in the next few weeks, does anyone know if they still have the boat traffic lane rule this year when you want to run out to swift shore?
I don’t think it’s changed from last year, once they implement a rule they never take it back, just add 1/2 hr to your travel there and back, last year they where enforcing it I was told, I did not get caught

How’s the crabbing this season? Would like to make a day trip for crabbing and jigging for the kids as the local crabbing hasn’t been productive.

Crabbing seems to have slowed down. Pulled two traps on Tues (24 hour soak), three keepers. Next day, 4.

I always find that fresh bait and shorter soaks work best out there. Although I know sometimes a longer soak is just the way it works out. :)

Heading to Renfrew end of the month for 3 nights with wife and kids, so to short of a stay to trailer the boat over. That said, it would be nice to get on the water for 6-8 hours for lings and things, anyone have a charter they could recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back