Status
Not open for further replies.
Heading to Renfrew end of the month for 3 nights with wife and kids, so to short of a stay to trailer the boat over. That said, it would be nice to get on the water for 6-8 hours for lings and things, anyone have a charter they could recommend?
Lots of great charters up there. They can run you up to Nitnat where you can retain salmon also if that is of interest. Most of the good fishing will be up Carmanah and west anyways.
Try Hookem Danno or Steve French if you can book them.

Lots of great charters up there. They can run you up to Nitnat where you can retain salmon also if that is of interest. Most of the good fishing will be up Carmanah and west anyways.
Try Hookem Danno or Steve French if you can book them.
I’ll call them first, thanks 👍

Heading to Renfrew end of the month for 3 nights with wife and kids, so to short of a stay to trailer the boat over. That said, it would be nice to get on the water for 6-8 hours for lings and things, anyone have a charter they could recommend?
Nelson Karger, O'Fishal Charters!

Any recent reports. I'm heading out on Tuesday and will be at our cabin on Wednesday for a stretch. Once the boat is out of the driveway and in it's summer home I'll post a report or two......can't wait!!
Ran up to Hole in the Wall a week ago and it was dead dead dead. No bait and no Springs. A long way to go for nothing, and then it rained.

Any recent reports. I'm heading out on Tuesday and will be at our cabin on Wednesday for a stretch. Once the boat is out of the driveway and in it's summer home I'll post a report or two......can't wait!!
Some of the charter boys on instagram seem to be getting into some decent fish. Can’t say where but I’m sure you’ll find them once your up there.

Of the phone report from a good friend, there is a few C and R , day by day changing, Hali has been good all early season, second hand reports, heading over now to set up for the season

Been at the cabin for a little less than 2 weeks now. The first week we ran up to NitNat and found some decent Springs and then anchored up for Halibut by the NE corner side of the closure. All the Halibut were in the low twenties.

We haven’t spent much time fishing the beach to be honest but plan on going out today/tonight to see where we will be trying after the 15th.

Crabbing in the bay has slowed but you can still get them if you keep fresh bait in them and check them before someone else does….lol

We made a run out to the Ranch side of Swiftsure yesterday on one of the flattest days I have ever seen. We thought we would try and have some fun catching a few Coho but gave up on that after a short time. Never caught a single Coho and couldn’t keep the Springs off. Switched over to Halibut and picked up some quality fish and headed in early. My son caught one that I measured twice before I darted it. I knew it was close but thought it was 124cm. Once at the dock we put the tape on it again and it was exactly 126cm and about 56lbs. Dead flat perfect conditions so I can’t imagine trying to measure one close on other days. There was acres of bait at Swiftsure….herring and krill and it was just alive with activity.

Still here for a month or so and will report once the beach opens up…..

Attachments

• IMG_8115.jpeg
    IMG_8115.jpeg
    364.9 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Been at the cabin for a little less than 2 weeks now. The first week we ran up to NitNat and found some decent Springs and then anchored up for Halibut by the NE corner side of the closure. All the Halibut were in the low twenties.

We haven’t spent much time fishing the beach to be honest but plan on going out today/tonight to see where we will be trying after the 15th.

Crabbing in the bay has slowed but you can still get them if you keep fresh bait in them and check them before someone else does….lol

We made a run out to the Ranch side of Swiftsure yesterday on one of the flattest days I have ever seen. We thought we would try and have some fun catching a few Coho but gave up on that after a short time. Never caught a single Coho and couldn’t keep the Springs off. Switched over to Halibut and picked up some quality fish and headed in early. My son caught one that I measured twice before I darted it. I knew it was close but thought it was 124cm. Once at the dock we put the tape on it again and it was exactly 126cm and about 56lbs. Dead flat perfect conditions so I can’t imagine trying to measure one close on other days. There was acres of bait at Swiftsure….herring and krill and it was just alive with activity.

Still here for a month or so and will report once the beach opens up…..
Nice fish! Did you measure over the top or did you lay the tape down and put fish on top of it? A 124cm fish will measure about 126 if you tape on top. DFO should be measuring with fish on top of the tape.

Nice fish! Did you measure over the top or did you lay the tape down and put fish on top of it? A 124cm fish will measure about 126 if you tape on top. DFO should be measuring with fish on top of the tape.
Yeah we did it with the tape over the fish so will measure a bit longer. The water measurement was with a mark I have on my harpoon and it was just shy of that…..definitely not over. Lol

Good work Reel Slim!!

Retention on springs on July 15?
80cm slot?
Then August 1st any size for beach springs?
Looks like 1x 80cm max, from 15 to 31 July , from what I seen on the notice some other members posted today, in the saltwater section

I've been fishing Swiftsure on the US side for the past couple of weeks. It's loaded with chinook but most are in the 26-29" range. There are a few that are larger. People out of Renfrew shouldn't have any trouble catching the <80cm fish out there once it opens.

I've been fishing Swiftsure on the US side for the past couple of weeks. It's loaded with chinook but most are in the 26-29" range. There are a few that are larger. People out of Renfrew shouldn't have any trouble catching the <80cm fish out there once it opens.
Yup 25 miles offshore for one 80cm nooky, well worth the fuel lol

15 miles from Neah, 3 guys and we get to keep 2... Took 6 fish each day. Some people want a sure thing for their kids, visiting relatives etc. Swiftsure is that sure thing place. When you're only allowed to keep an 80cm or less fish, it seemed to me like that might be useful info to some.
Ya It works for some I guess, just not into it anymore like I use too, well it’s just not the same anymore, use to go to swifsure and come back with springs in the 20 plus range, coho and Hali, 2 Hali a day any size back then too, the good old wheelbarrow days I call it, almost 20 year later not so exited about it anymore, putting around on the beach close to the marina for a few fish is more like it, early season hali is still one of my favourite. Enjoy and good luck, stay safe out there

Ya It works for some I guess, just not into it anymore like I use too, well it’s just not the same anymore, use to go to swifsure and come back with springs in the 20 plus range, coho and Hali, 2 Hali a day any size back then too, the good old wheelbarrow days I call it, almost 20 year later not so exited about it anymore, putting around on the beach close to the marina for a few fish is more like it, early season hali is still one of my favourite. Enjoy and good luck, stay safe out there
My feelings exactly, Brutus.

If you look at the map you can still fish Renfrew for 1 spring up to 80 cm July 15 to Aug 1

Attachments

• img046.pdf
    489.6 KB · Views: 65
  • img046.pdf
    489.6 KB · Views: 30
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back