2024 Port McNeill, Telegragh Cove Reports

August can be good--and particularly last August--for getting chicken halibut while salmon fishing off the usual salmon spots and depths near Donegal. If only you could also get the odd lingcod doing that--then my kids wouldn't make me pull up the downriggers and tour a dozen rock piles for the back half of the morning.

August can be good--and particularly last August--for getting chicken halibut while salmon fishing off the usual salmon spots and depths near Donegal. If only you could also get the odd lingcod doing that--then my kids wouldn't make me pull up the downriggers and tour a dozen rock piles for the back half of the morning.
Kids hate trolling. Kids love jigging. Can't say I blame them.
Mine were the same. Looking that way for my grandkids now as well.

Kids hate trolling. Kids love jigging. Can't say I blame them.
Mine were the same. Looking that way for my grandkids now as well.
It must have something to do with your name because Sam_n_Leo will tell you the same thing about his kids

Ill be back up there june 18 ish till mid july again down craycroft with the lodge I work at last year salmon fishing was lights out up knight inlet at that time. Finding ling spots is like treasured hunting areas avoid RCA and look for rock piles. they are averywhere.

If I'm understanding the chinook restrictions (that's a big if) for area 12 there aren't many nearby options for Telegraph Cove area before July 15. It looks like up Wells, Fife, and Knights have some open retention areas. I haven't salmon fished Knights before and would like to give it a shot. I took the family up to Glendale once to see the bears and it was 1) a really long haul and 2) pretty bouncy on the way back. Are the areas closer to the mouth worth a poke in June/July? It looks some of 12-26 is open and the areas between Village and Minstrel Island aren't too long a haul from the cove.

If I'm understanding the chinook restrictions (that's a big if) for area 12 there aren't many nearby options for Telegraph Cove area before July 15. It looks like up Wells, Fife, and Knights have some open retention areas. I haven't salmon fished Knights before and would like to give it a shot. I took the family up to Glendale once to see the bears and it was 1) a really long haul and 2) pretty bouncy on the way back. Are the areas closer to the mouth worth a poke in June/July? It looks some of 12-26 is open and the areas between Village and Minstrel Island aren't too long a haul from the cove.
I haven't fished the area before early July, but we've had decent chinook fishing in Wells and Fife.

Back