2024 Port McNeill, Telegragh Cove Reports

Well another season is in the books for us here at Telegraph Cove, a couple weeks earlier than usual due to an injury
View attachment 110199
Tore a tendon in my hand while full contact Ling fishing. A few weeks of being immobilized the Doc tells me. Oh well ,it's been a great season with plenty of fish , lots of memories made with family and friends. Coho were and still are thick here with lots of springs in the mix. Not alot of big springs this year but my buddy and I did manage a pair of 39# one morning. Both were great fights and as always the big ones were released. We'll putter here for another week and a half putting things away for the winter and wait for BOS Marine to winterize my boat as trying to do things with one hand is a pain. The new CDory worked great this summer with not one lost fishing day due to a breakdown.
View attachment 110201
Already can't wait till next year. TC is a magical place and those of us that are fortunate to spend all summer here feel truly blessed. Hope everyone winters well and for those of you still fishing, tips up and tight lines.
Heal well !!!🥃🥃🥃

Well another season is in the books for us here at Telegraph Cove, a couple weeks earlier than usual due to an injury
View attachment 110199
Tore a tendon in my hand while full contact Ling fishing. A few weeks of being immobilized the Doc tells me. Oh well ,it's been a great season with plenty of fish , lots of memories made with family and friends. Coho were and still are thick here with lots of springs in the mix. Not alot of big springs this year but my buddy and I did manage a pair of 39# one morning. Both were great fights and as always the big ones were released. We'll putter here for another week and a half putting things away for the winter and wait for BOS Marine to winterize my boat as trying to do things with one hand is a pain. The new CDory worked great this summer with not one lost fishing day due to a breakdown.
View attachment 110201
Already can't wait till next year. TC is a magical place and those of us that are fortunate to spend all summer here feel truly blessed. Hope everyone winters well and for those of you still fishing, tips up and tight lines.

Forgot to ask about the lingcod!

Heading for Port McNeill Sunday for a week in QC strait and the Broughtons -- trying to connect with the halibut tides, and maybe a few chinook and coho -- can still take 1 wild on the mainland side. Anybody got more recent reports than Capt Ed?

Reactions: JWS
My last day on the water was Sunday Sept 1 and there were still springs around Donegal. Most boats getting 1 or 2 decent springs, mixed in with lots of feeder springs and some larger coho to be released. Haven't heard anything recent about the mainland. August was good for halibut, my kids got into quite a few on their jigs, nothing bigger than 30 lb. And no special spots we hit them all over, from 180 to 280 ft
One afternoon coming up from Blackney a humpback was going particularly nuts and another boater (thank Klaus) took a snap with us in the background. Such a great place to spend time on the water fishing.

IMG_2956 (1).jpeg

Back