2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got out to Ambleside after work today. We had my uncle on board with us today. So 125 years experience between us. Picked up a nice 70cm chinook within 5 minutes. Then a nice 16 pounder. Then a good sized wild coho which we released, followed by having a pin popper get sealed. Lots of action in a short period. It was fun.

Attachments

• 20220928_150150.jpg
    20220928_150150.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 143
I got out to Ambleside after work today. We had my uncle on board with us today. So 125 years experience between us. Picked up a nice 70cm chinook within 5 minutes. Then a nice 16 pounder. Then a good sized wild coho which we released, followed by having a pin popper get sealed. Lots of action in a short period. It was fun.
What depth were you getting them at? I suspect right at the bottom?

SH light/moderare chop. 5-10 mph winds. 12 boats.

View attachment 85756
Nice, thx for the update, forecast looks good but nice to get a real time pic. Gonna cross tonight for an overnight, last day for ling tomorrow might as well go get one or two more. And of course fish SH on each way by.
Sounds like a great way to honour Truth and Reconciliation day, go rip out a few fish from the ocean :cool:

It's on the northshore side. Closest green bouy to the west side of the bridge. Also the busiest spot to get to. You're supposed to keep west of it.
Also, not really a can but a beacon on piles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back