2013 Ucluelet Fishing Reports

• Thread starter Thread starter Big Bear SC
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
CameraZOOM-20130704063842928.jpgCameraZOOM-20130704063904491.jpg
Million $ view from our campsite at Island West

CameraZOOM-20130706120939773.jpg
One of two hali's that grabbed the spoon more than 50 feet off the bottom - pretty deadly spoon :p

CameraZOOM-20130709112503031.jpg
The friendly folks from fisheries paid us a visit while we were trolling around on Sargison Bank on a windy day

Back August 1st for 11 days - cant wait!!:p

Attachments

• CameraZOOM-20130707203832673.jpg
    CameraZOOM-20130707203832673.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 1,080
Unless the housing is cracked for the base of the transducer you could just silicon it into the hull of your boat and it will still work fine; but if your boat is aluminum you may be out of luck and have to purchase another one.
If you drive to Tuff city and go to RPM just before you come into town he should be able to help you; he is a Lowrance dealer! Good Luck!

Well got a new transducer installed in Tofino at Rod's on short notice and back on the water today! Sad to say the fishing was nothing to brag about. Got a late start today around noon and fished until 6pm. Stopped at Sail Rock area then straight out to a small bank about 5k out from there then the turtle area on the way home. All we got were a couple rock fish, and virtually nothing on the sounder all day.

Back out tomorrow and not sure where to try next...

thxs for the update Enniberg. great pics!

We are finding the nicer Halis within 3 miles of shore

Attachments

• The Johnson's.jpg
    The Johnson's.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 959
Is that an old picture? lol it looks like its from the 90s, and whats with the parkas and winter hats? Thought it was summer on the coast!

Great picture...looks like you guys jumped on some beautiful fish of pretty even size....good stuff

Having a bit of a tough go our first day on the water out of tofino. Blew a hose on the motor half way out this morning. Limped it back to the marina and got a new hose. Got offshore 3 hours later than planned and didn't find any fish. Hit a few coho on the way back on the inside. Anyone know of a good welder in tofino? Got a few pin holes on a exhaust manifold. Also if anyone wants to throw a guy a bone as to where the fish are hiding this year offshore I'm all ears

Ok, fishing report Part 2. It has picked up big time. Big Bank is producing very well for everyone it seems. We fought a bit of a bouncy NWester out this morning and got 6 Springs in about 3 hours. Released a few smaller fish. Seemed like there weren't a lot of boats out but those who went, all did well. A 6 inch Titan spoon in Kinetic purple seemed to do the trick for us 80 - 110 feet down Seems like most of the fish are from 10 pounds to the high teens.
Also seems to be lots of Coho near the Ukee harbour entrance. White hootchie, short leader and flasher about 20 - 25 feet down produced very well for us yesterday.
:)

Is that an old picture? lol it looks like its from the 90s, and whats with the parkas and winter hats? Thought it was summer on the coast!

Great picture...looks like you guys jumped on some beautiful fish of pretty even size....good stuff

It was cold and rainy.........not very summery at all!! At least the fish still bite. I'd rather have that than nice weather and no fish ;)

Having a bit of a tough go our first day on the water out of tofino. Blew a hose on the motor half way out this morning. Limped it back to the marina and got a new hose. Got offshore 3 hours later than planned and didn't find any fish. Hit a few coho on the way back on the inside. Anyone know of a good welder in tofino? Got a few pin holes on a exhaust manifold. Also if anyone wants to throw a guy a bone as to where the fish are hiding this year offshore I'm all ears

Where you tieing your boat up? If you were at our Marina you may get a bone.....

Where you tieing your boat up? If you were at our Marina you may get a bone.....

I'm tied up at tofino swell. Blew an exhaust manifold yesterday so was out of commission. Chris the owner took us out offshore today with a buddy of his. Buddy got deathly ill just after getting our lines in so we headed in. Can't track down a welder so if the jb weld job holds we might venture out tomorrow. If it doesn't then putt around on the inside with the kicker.

attachment.php

One of two hali's that grabbed the spoon more than 50 feet off the bottom - pretty deadly spoon :p

LOL! It's been Slayin' Springs, Coho and Hali's for a spell now! ;)
Happy it worked out for you too!
Great to chat a few times and share in the Good Times while you were about!

Looking Forward to your next visit! :cool:

Cheers!
Nog

I had the privilege of getting to test Nog's new spoon, and as the picture shows, it catches fish, and not only salmon - the hali's love it too!

As FishWhisperer says, the quality of the spoon is pretty amazing - I give my leader a very thorough look after every fish - this is one spoon I don't want to lose!:p

Yesterday fishing report Big Bank was good apparently a pod of orcas came through but we didn't see them fishing did die for a couple hours then picked up again. Lots of Chickens

photo (50).jpg

We went out to South Bank and it was pretty slow. Took a chance and ran out to Southwest Corner and lucked out. Caught five nice springs after tide change in three hours. Went out again and caught six after tide change. Glow white hoochies with mylard skirt really worked good for us. Those fish are in a 165qt cooler.

Attachments

• 2013 Ucluelet BC (3) resize.jpg
    2013 Ucluelet BC (3) resize.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 558
  • 2013 Ucluelet BC (6)resize.jpg
    2013 Ucluelet BC (6)resize.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 561
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back