Winter Reports Sooke and Victoria 2008/2009

We did good on Sunday at the Bedfords, Limited out between the two of us. Biggest was about 10 lb smallest around 7, They were deep 160 to 180 ft. Got a double header at 1020am and then nothin till around 2pm with both fish within 20 min of each other. Chovie, Green was the colour short leader 4ft.

Best O Luck

fished aldridge to cheanuh sunday for 5 hours, not even a bite :( Seems it has slowed down the past while! Will report back if it picks up!!

-Steve

i got out on sunday, hit the south side of constance for 5 hours, got a few hits but only one in the boat.
about the 6lb range...
160ft of water an 158 on the rigger.
purple haze flasher blue teaser head...
got windy later on so called it a day..

iscootblue.png

On Sunday we picked up two hatchery chinook, 6 and a 8 near Clover Point. Big cop car spoon green flasher short leader. 140'

How meany of you fish boarder bank? I've only been out there once was just doing a little exploring, didn't catch a thing, but I was new to saltwater fishing then. Does it seem to be productive for you folks. I'm not looking for any coordinates for anybody. Just want to know how the winters are bitting out there.

Thats is an awful long way to go to find a winter spring been out there a few times in the past 5 yrs ago or so, can tell you one thing with a westerly coming up its a very long ride home

Report back to use on how you made out ok thanks

Good luck Wolf

That is a long way to come in. A Westerly blow in October 08 caught us (3 boat group trip) it's one i will remember forever and we were at Constance. Real short 2-3 second steep and rolling chop was 10-12 feet in minutes against a small ebb and a SE ground swell from the previos night. One guest with us had sailed around the world and all over the Arctic and was shocked with how rough it got and so fast. That said, it can also be a mill pond out at Border once you get past Constance.

For reference,look at Hein Bank weather buoy. http://www.bigwavedave.ca/latest.php it used to show wave height? Depends on the day. It gives you a good gustimate of what it's doing at Border.

www.tailspincharters.com

Borders not that far to go find a fish just watch your weather and have at it.The winter fishing is usualy better than constance.

quote:Originally posted by bananas

Purple haze on both sides with purple and chart glow flashers.The bite ended rite when that tide started to hump.What A FANTASTIC DAY.Hope the am is as nice.

1 fish on (right beside RS Craven). About a 30lb halibut. Cut him free to see another day. Glow hootchie right on the bottom at about 140ft between Trial and Clover.

4 fish by 11:00 out on the Bluffs about 8 boats out there. Glow hootchie hard on the bottom.
Life is good

JUST FISHEN'

quote:Originally posted by Gypseas

4 fish by 11:00 out on the Bluffs about 8 boats out there. Glow hootchie hard on the bottom.
Life is good

JUST FISHEN'

anything over 10lbs Adrian ??
wondering if it's worth a trip ?

Was out yesterday,launched out of esquimalt it was cold fished the water front 9 til 2 not a sniff. Heard on the radio some one had caught a 15 LB wasn't sure if it came out of Pedder Bay or if it was in the Bedfords CHEERS.

Nothing that big but perfect size for the smoker. [8D]
It's always worth the trip.
cheers

JUST FISHEN'

Fished from Frazer Island to far end of Church and back again. No fish.... not even a strike! Weather wasn't too bad .... bit of a chop and a bit of wind.... should have stayed home and tied gear.But still better then a days work. Hope someone else did better then we did, Steve.

it was almost a hard decision between quading and fishing yesterday...by the sounds of the fishing reports I made a good decision:)

Back