Winter Reports Sooke and Victoria 2008/2009

quote: Give it a try running a dummy flasher off the downrigger, it's even more fun when there is just the lure! Stick your flasher on your rigger right at the ball, then put your release clip about 10 feet up from it. It's a riot when they are biting fast.
how far back to run your bait above the flasher??

iscootblue.png

hey jimbob what is your price range around? i have a 18.5 explorer for sale but not on the market right now. if interested give me a pm about it.
thanks

quote:Originally posted by baz

quote: Give it a try running a dummy flasher off the downrigger, it's even more fun when there is just the lure! Stick your flasher on your rigger right at the ball, then put your release clip about 10 feet up from it. It's a riot when they are biting fast.
how far back to run your bait above the flasher??

iscootblue.png

flasher is 10 ft from the cable, then you go about 8 ft up from it and back 13 ft with the lure roughly

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

ive never tried the flasher below the lure before, its a great idea so ill give it a try
thanks for the info
baz

iscootblue.png

What you will find if there is a lot of cod(trash fish) on the bottom where you fish you wont be bothered too much by them as the hook isnt right on the bottom and quite a bit above but the salmon will definatly hit it been doing this fishing a long time and thats what I mostly run in the winter time.
Took OSAMA out way back when and taught him this tech. here he is in all his glory many years back with my ol lamiglas noodle rod and a lamson reel!!!!!!!!!!
wintercharterjeff.jpg

After a long day of fishing we had to bonk him too!!!!!!!!!!!!

wintertripjeffandfish.jpg

LOL LOL GOOD TIMES

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

hey jimbob

there is 18.5 hourston for sale on used nanaimo...130 honda, honda kicker...tandem axle trailer..

$9500.00
looks okay no details

siwash

Nope he did an outstanding job reeling it in and can tell you it was quite exciting to watch as no flasher just a hook in the fishs mouth that thing went everywhere, played it like a pro!!!!!!!!
Real men use single action reels thats why its called"sport fishing"

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Well boys I am a newbie and I am going to give these reels a shot it sounds like fun. OOOCH my knuckles!!!

IMG_1445.jpg

LOL LOL well gunsmith just think back to when you were a child and your mom would smack your hand for trying to steal another cookie,biscuit whatever after a while you learned not to and stopped doing that (hoefully) LOL LOL same thing applies.

Good luck Wolf

ps. just keep your eye on the tip LOL

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Thanks Wolf but damn that cookie sure was good!!:D

IMG_1445.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Gunsmith

Well boys I am a newbie and I am going to give these reels a shot it sounds like fun. OOOCH my knuckles!!!

IMG_1445.jpg

Just don't try to stop the fish from running.

Highliner
IMG_0252_2_2.jpg

Hey Hugh, that sounds just like a "Last Chance" report ;)
I'll be out on the weekend, hopefully a few fish show up to play !

anybody have any luck this morning? we were out in the fog early for a few hours, but not a lick. saw one boat net a small guy, but didn't see much else. was it just us with the skunk roll on?

Fished the Bluffs today. Had a nice one on until Mr Seal munched it and gave me the head back. 120 ft on the rigger using plastic. Very lumpy out there today.

Tournament Proven !

Fished the breakwater today from 8am to 2pm, used almost everthing, strip, spoons, hootchies, fished 110ft of water to 180ft. The servey says.... 0 for us, and there was 3 fish weighed in out of 23 boats.

Back