Winter Reports Sooke and Victoria 2008/2009

Hey Gypseas, NICE! I will see your BBQ salmon and raise you with a piece of Cedar Plank Chinook..........:D:D SS

[i
20071130_Cedarplank_0522.jpg
mg][/img]

seaswirlstiper.jpg

Hold on a second....what's all this preachin' about conservation on the other threads and meanwhile people are bonkin' fish which are barely legal and 4 to 5 lbs?

In my opinion, 62 cm fish aren't a whole lotta sport unless played on a light rod....the limit is 45 cm on most areas around the westcoast.

Now, I stirred some of this up before in another post...but if you're going to wade through fish to get to 45 cm, you're going to wade through fish to get to 62cm...just pick larger hooks.

If this argument bore any weight.....then why would DFO have the difference in minimum size limits? I guess it doesn't. DFO has the answer. Never mind. I think I just answered my own question. [?]

quote:Originally posted by fishin_magician

Hold on a second....what's all this preachin' about conservation on the other threads and meanwhile people are bonkin' fish which are barely legal and 4 to 5 lbs?

In my opinion, 62 cm fish aren't a whole lotta sport unless played on a light rod....the limit is 45 cm on most areas around the westcoast.

Now, I stirred some of this up before in another post...but if you're going to wade through fish to get to 45 cm, you're going to wade through fish to get to 62cm...just pick larger hooks.

If this argument bore any weight.....then why would DFO have the difference in minimum size limits? I guess it doesn't. DFO has the answer. Never mind. I think I just answered my own question. [?]

Limit 2 chinook per day, min size 45cm south of cadboro point.
totally up to the fisherman if he chooses to kill small but legal fish. DFO sets the rules and we play by them.

Apparently a 20+ spring was caught out of Pedder last Sunday, on top of the 17 reported per outfitters. Those are nice size!

I think your right Deewar25, I had a buddy who fishes out of Pedder got one about a week ago 20 and change. Nice fish.

I think your right Deewar25, I had a buddy who fishes out of Pedder got one about a week ago 20 and change. Nice fish.

Yes its true I was out thanks to LC and it was a blast nice to get the dust off and win some money from Kelly LOL LOL it was game on from the get go with the big guy taking the lead but the wolf howled and came on strong after that LOL LOL. was a great day for sure!!!!
Thanks again

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Back