Winter Reports Sooke and Victoria 2008/2009

Did anyone have a look at the ramp at Becher Bay today? Anyone fishing that area last 2 days?

thanks

My buddy and i fished Clover to Trial yesterday afternoon for
a couple hours, it was slow.
We had one good strike, fish was on for about 10 seconds before
the hook let go.
there wasn't much bait and only one other boat off the waterfront.

Fished off the gravel pit yesterday for 3 hrs, shook off 4 20 inchers, couldn't find a keeper. Water layed down and it was a nice day though, next time perhaps.

Hey saltydawg,
I was down at Pedder Bay and Cheanuh yesterday and the ramps are clear at both places. No boats were out from pedder at least not trailered boats and at Cheanuh I saw 3 trucks in the parking lot. Was thinking about going out for a few hours will let you know how I do if I go..... Remember.... keep your tip up.... Steve.

Hey fishinfool, what was the road like down the hill to Cheanuh ramps by the parking lot? Could you go with truck and trailer? Thanks

Another great day on the water. stuck around the harbour making sure no one stole anymore crab from us and limited out in only 2 hours. Buddy got first 2 and I nailed mine in 20 minutes! Just for the heck of it i tried an old trick from Port Alberni with some cut herring angles I made up and wow......
Can't wait to get out in the morning. 4 of us going out and should be able to gets lots fish and a dozen or so crab for the ol' b.b.q. with the neighbours.
I'll let you boys know how it goes. :D
Take care.

Yeah sure enough. ramp and parking lot were clear and fishing was ok. Got my 2 in 3 hours. All the bait that was here 3 weeks ago is gone?
6 trailors in the lot. bright and sunny so worked on my tan. Caught a HUGE lingcod that would not let go of a smaller cod. Had to wack him a couple of good ones with the paddle to make him take off. I wonder how many tmes he's been caught out of that trough over the years.

was out today for a bit at mcneill bay.
couple of hits but nothing hooked...
beutiful day though,

iscootblue.png

quote:Originally posted by saltydawg

Yeah sure enough. ramp and parking lot were clear and fishing was ok. Got my 2 in 3 hours. All the bait that was here 3 weeks ago is gone?
6 trailors in the lot. bright and sunny so worked on my tan. Caught a HUGE lingcod that would not let go of a smaller cod. Had to wack him a couple of good ones with the paddle to make him take off. I wonder how many tmes he's been caught out of that trough over the years.

Good one Salty, now you're learning how to troll !!!!
:D:D

Ya,he's getting pretty good but not as good as the BOSSMAN,eh craven,sweety!!! funny,eh? [:eek:)] missed me haven't you love? [:I]

Went out of Cheanuh yesterday at about noon. Very nice out once we got out near Church rock. Trolled at 120 to 140 in about 130 to 150 in depth and got four fish in half an hour at around 1:30. Was going to go out again today but now its snowing out and don't think I'm going to chance sliding into a ditch. Good luck to anyone who does try and get out today..... Steve.

Fished off the flagpole yesterday--we got a double header about 12:30 a 10 and 5 in about 170 feet on electric chairs. What a great day to get back out there!

Went out on Saturday after all. Nice weather but cold got 2 fish both at about 120 deep one was on a glow hootchie and the other was a uv hootchie and a uv flasher. Made for a great day on the water..... beer stays really cold this time of year too....lol.

Caught my first seal of the year :(:(
I can't believe how fast they get on the fish once it's hooked.
Glow squirt at 160' off Mcauley point.

Out at 8:30 limited by 10:30. Only lost one to mr.seal.
3 in the 4-5lb and one 12lber. Glow hootch as well.

Thanks for the smoker Scott! I'm giving it try right now. Mmmmm smoked salmon and cream cheese on crackers [:p]
cheers

JUST FISHEN'

Back