Winter Reports Sooke and Victoria 2008/2009

Fished the Oak Bay Flats for a couple hours yesterday. Not a sniff. Caught a few nice crab for dinner though!

Frost Bite derby at Esquimalt anglers, Sat. Weather forcast does not look good !! [:0] http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/marine/synopsis_e.html?mapID=02&siteID=16200 [V]

Marine Weather Statement
Issued 10:26 PM PST 12 December 2008
An intense 985 MB low pressure centre will rapidly develop near
southern Vancouver Island on Friday morning generating storm to near
hurricane force northwesterlies over southern offshore waters.
Ahead of the low, gale force southeasterlies are likely over
Inner south coastal waters by early Friday afternoon. A vigorous
Cold front will push southwards reaching the south coast late
Friday. Winds over inner south coastal waters will rise to gale
force northwesterly behind the cold front. Gale to storm force
Arctic outflow will strengthen through coastal inlets Friday night
and persist for several days. There is the potential for dangerous
freezing spray near central and north coastal inlets as temperatures
plummet and a high pressure ridge builds over the bc interior
Through the weekend. Visibility will be locally reduced in snow
Late Friday through early Sunday.

dress warm boyz its going to be freakin cold.bow down on the grady and go for it.oh ya lots of hot coffie and bailey's

Cold as a witch's tit out there today, we braved it long after all the boats disappeared around noon and managed 3 springs to about 9lbs.
Lost a couple as well. Overall it was slow...

Who won the derby today ?

Not sure of the guys name but a nice fish. I believe it was a high 13 lber and so was second place, I think 2nd was 13lbs 10 oz. Lots of fun, the water was good, just a bit nippy out there. Had 6 on, got four in the boat. My buddy "Peanut Butter Boy" got a nice 9 and a half and "Kozy" a high 8+ lber to place in the top 15. Good job boys and thanks to all the guys at the Frost Bite for another great day of fun! Can't wait until next year!!
:)
DF

Good job Da Fixer!Way to go Peanut Butter Boy and Kozy. You guys rock. Hopefully next year Fah Cups and I can get on board. Cheers, I.I.

Craven, Fixer, were you guys in that mess of boats off the flag pole? What was the hot tickit. We fished off the gravel pit from 10am to 1pm and only hit 1.

flag

36 at the Rocks

oneshotimage.jpg

JUST FISHEN'

Sorry Luna for the late reply. Just like Craven said, between Trial and the flag pole, right on the bottom but was getting them on coyote and hootchie. Once we found where they were we were pretty much steady. Just couldn't find that big pin popper! and thanks I.I., we had a great day!:)...and no fishing today...just shovelling! lol

HAY EVERYONE, has anybody been out to the water front or constance lately? I've tried to get out but my boat is stuck in the drive way seems that my trailer wheels have froze up, my boat is not moving not even when i put it in 4 wheel drive Bummer.Hope every one is having a very MERRY CHRISTMAS CHEERS Wireman

Back