What's for dinner tonight ?

And to end the weekend, Wild Salmon Curry 😄View attachment 88351
I often do a Thai Red Curry with the same cubed salmon and some julienne style vegetables, peppers with rice in one of those plate/bowl looking dishes. (presentation is part of this enjoyment). My method always has the sauce as the star and lots of it, it's not a stew, so minimal veggies etc which displace the curry. (not suggesting you overdid your veg)

I often do a Thai Red Curry with the same cubed salmon and some julienne style vegetables, peppers with rice in one of those plate/bowl looking dishes. (presentation is part of this enjoyment). My method always has the sauce as the star and lots of it, it's not a stew, so minimal veggies etc which displace the curry. (not suggesting you overdid your veg)
Sauce is always the star! And really.. there is only tomatoes and onions... no other veg, which now makes me thing I should have added some. lol

FpoNCZ1.jpg

I arrowed a blacktail doe in the yard last month. Killed an 11 point bull in October (that’s a true spike 😂😂😂). I’ve grilled a few steaks on my Green Egg, but have had a tough time getting a good bark. These wild critters just don’t have the fat of a nice ribeye…

Anyway, I used my grinder on an old cast iron grill grate and cut it to fit between the layers of my green egg. This raised the coal bed considerably.
45C7EDF2-D9CD-4DE0-9D74-18BA9C38BDCD.jpegB4C605A9-65F8-4850-941C-6FDEBC62E11C.jpeg

The cooking grill goes above. When the mesquite charcoal was added and lit (weed burner fed by my 20# propane tank 😂) the fire was now immediately under the steak. I lightly basted the tenderloin with olive oil and Montreal steak seasoning. It all worked great. Terrific bark this time and perfectly medium rare.
B2AD757B-803A-4886-8D47-D0255EE65DF1.jpegD06198D9-6D3E-45C4-AFF9-BAE7192C732C.jpeg

I could almost taste a hint of hydrangea and fuchsia in each bite. Hahahaha.

The last time around was great, so last night it was time to try on the second whitetail.

Again, Home-made Bacon Wraps, this time eye of round:

fMLqP2f.jpg

On the BarBee

ORPu7ZX.jpg

Served up with wild rice & corn on the cob:

rbMhu2C.jpg

Slightly more rare than medium as usual.
Quaffed back with a fine Shiraz.

Cheers,
Nog

Franks trout bites! Fresh rainbow through the ice, dipped in franks then breaded with mix of half flour, half corn meal and a pinch of onion and garlic powder. Simple but soo tasty (third plate of the night).

Attachments

• 4619E422-9068-4D32-8EBE-707C3C2CAF1A.jpeg
    4619E422-9068-4D32-8EBE-707C3C2CAF1A.jpeg
    517.2 KB · Views: 16
Back