What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

New springs for the trailer. Maybe they didn’t need to be done, but not knowing the life of the trailer I feel better about trailering more than 5kms from home.

Like kaelc, I’ll also in the market for an impact gun, now. 12 years of rust on the bolts, my arms are killing me.

Good for you, I just chopped mine off as there was no other way on earth any of the hardware was gonna survive.

Finally installed the perfect prop.
Enertia 15 X 15p courtesy of a mid-straight of Georgia exchange w/ @salmonkiller01

RPMs are perfect now, holeshot and throttle response are fantastic.
I would add that my normal one way fuel burn from Reed Point to South Thormanby OR return is 70-78 litres, and very consistent.
With the Enertia 15x15p I used 60L (at the fuel pump) on my return trip yesterday. Sea state was relatively poor as well.

My previous prop was a Turning Point 14.75 X 17p express 4 blade stainless.

Naturally, this is not conclusive, so if it continues to be the case that I see reduced fuel consumption, I’ll update this post

I would add that my normal one way fuel burn from Reed Point to South Thormanby OR return is 70-78 litres, and very consistent.
With the Enertia 15x15p I used 60L (at the fuel pump) on my return trip yesterday. Sea state was relatively poor as well.

My previous prop was a Turning Point 14.75 X 17p express 4 blade stainless.

Naturally, this is not conclusive, so if it continues to be the case that I see reduced fuel consumption, I’ll update this post
Nice. What engine are you running her on?

Nice. Using them for salmon on the 15th? Just wondering what you usually target and what brand of jigs? Thanks
I am kind of a hybrid guy-if I have good tides and I have bait balls I prefer to jig-however if the bait is not consistent or there is tons of tide flow as in Campbell River I troll. I am ready to do either. Same for the fish-I love eating Pacific gray cod and/or ling so if thats what I bring up then I am a happy camper!! Been a great coho season so far-I think it will hang in

I am kind of a hybrid guy-if I have good tides and I have bait balls I prefer to jig-however if the bait is not consistent or there is tons of tide flow as in Campbell River I troll. I am ready to do either. Same for the fish-I love eating Pacific gray cod and/or ling so if thats what I bring up then I am a happy camper!! Been a great coho season so far-I think it will hang in the buzz bomb
Sorry I use shimano butterflies, rip tide strykers when I can find them and sometimes I modify buzz bombs various lures. I pickup lots of long generic needlefish lures-paint them put on assist hooks and give them a try.

Thanks!

Best cruise is 3650 rpm which gives me 20 kts +\-. With a light to medium load (2 people and 200lbs gear, 135 litres fuel) my smart craft gauge fluctuates between 4-4.3 mpg.

Honestly very happy with the engine after nearly 5 years. I moor mine year round, haul out usually twice a year for wash, zincs, service and minor repairs.

I could see this engine being one I replace because it looks way too old rather than wear or catastrophic failure 😂

How has the Honda been? I’ve always imagined them to be dead reliable and I’ve always like the angular shape of them. Mine reminds me of a misshapen balloon hahaha

I mounted these Princess Auto suspension tractor seat on my boat after seeing some on a Hewescraft at my local marina …. Just got back from a couple weeks in WH , and they were an awesome addition! They work pretty good for me at 230 lb. Bottomed out a couple times in big stuff , but some high density foam blocks took care of that… The fellow I borrowed this from got 10 years out of his , and he’s only a little lighter than me! 159.00 bucks at PA…

Attachments

• IMG_0815.jpeg
    IMG_0815.jpeg
    376.9 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0816.jpeg
    IMG_0816.jpeg
    341.3 KB · Views: 88
Thanks!

Best cruise is 3650 rpm which gives me 20 kts +\-. With a light to medium load (2 people and 200lbs gear, 135 litres fuel) my smart craft gauge fluctuates between 4-4.3 mpg.

Honestly very happy with the engine after nearly 5 years. I moor mine year round, haul out usually twice a year for wash, zincs, service and minor repairs.

I could see this engine being one I replace because it looks way too old rather than wear or catastrophic failure 😂

How has the Honda been? I’ve always imagined them to be dead reliable and I’ve always like the angular shape of them. Mine reminds me of a misshapen balloon hahaha
Honda has been great but not hitting those performance numbers. Really have to hit high rpm to get the vtec to kick in.That’s some amazing mileage. Lots of guys rave about the merc 150 including some west coast guides I chatted with.

had to make a new exhaust riser elbow out of stainless
hoping to have the boat running by the weekend

Back