What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

this has been my boat for the last 7 months
Sick! What is it?
New springs for the trailer. Maybe they didn’t need to be done, but not knowing the life of the trailer I feel better about trailering more than 5kms from home.

Like kaelc, I’ll also in the market for an impact gun, now. 12 years of rust on the bolts, my arms are killing me.
yikes, I have 4 wheels to do and my friend with the nice Milwaukee is off to Tofino for 2 weeks while I continue to wait for UPS to find my missing calipers.

Was changing the leg oil on the motors and the left one puked oil out the water weep hole. I was going to do the water pumps this year…looks like a shaft seal as well. Hoping to be putting it in for the summer at the 6:45 high tide tonight….

Attachments

• IMG_9389.jpeg
    IMG_9389.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_9388.jpeg
    IMG_9388.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 64
New springs for the trailer. Maybe they didn’t need to be done, but not knowing the life of the trailer I feel better about trailering more than 5kms from home.

Like kaelc, I’ll also in the market for an impact gun, now. 12 years of rust on the bolts, my arms are killing me.
That calls for a zip cut on a grinder, not an impact...

New prop installed and tested last night. Mercury Spitfire 4 blade 13.4 x 15. I was running a Turning Point Hustler 13.5 x 15. Spitfire is smoother, quicker to plane, slightly faster, holds on plane at lower rpm. Felt great.

Spare prop will be a Spitfire 17 which is just a bit too big for three people and climbing high swells, but the cruising speed is sweet.

Mercury props for the win.

yanked the bennet trim tabs off my livingston and put a SE Sport 200 hydrofoil on the tohatsu 9.8 today. the tabs were messing with the transducer and flexing/cracking the transom on the livingston. happy with the hydrofoil except the crap stainless hardware, the nylock nuts only have half the thread of a standard nylock and stripped one but had some spares kicking around.

yanked the bennet trim tabs off my livingston and put a SE Sport 200 hydrofoil on the tohatsu 9.8 today. the tabs were messing with the transducer and flexing/cracking the transom on the livingston. happy with the hydrofoil except the crap stainless hardware, the nylock nuts only have half the thread of a standard nylock and stripped one but had some spares kicking around.

Giddy up!

Last year when I did the tanks I wasn’t happy with the fibreglass job that I had done on the floor. I could feel a slight hump in one area and it bothered me so I pulled up the carpet and sanded it down, re -glassed it myself and then installed this flooring. I also changed the bathroom around. I didn’t see the point in having a huge teak sink in the bathroom so I removed it . Just waiting on some rod holders and all of my salmon rods will be stored in the bathroom when not in use. I’m plumbing a vent from my heater into the bathroom so it’ll basically be a toilet/dry room/rod storage spot.
IMG_1842.jpegIMG_1843.jpegIMG_1844.jpegIMG_1841.jpeg

I Just got done installing the new stand-alone Furuno FCV 800 fish Finder. It will fire both a CW transducer like the P66 but it also has a 10 pin plug for a CHIRP transducer

I had the TM165HW hooked up to my TzT3 chartplotter but because it was a transom mount, I’d lose the picture after 3500 RPM
So I decided to just use it for trolling which pushed the idea of selling the FCV 588 (non chirp) and picking up the FCV 800

It’ll be really nice to have both the P66 and the TM165HW visible on the same screen for the summer trip up north. it’s a slab of a unit, though

.I had to beef up the mount to hold it steady on the gunnel

IMG_2302.jpeg

Last edited:
I Just got done installing the new stand-alone Furuno FCV 800 fish Finder. It will fire both a CW transducer like the P66 but it also has a 10 pin plug for a CHIRP transducer

I had the TM165HW hooked up to my TzT3 chartplotter but because it was a transom mount, I’d lose the picture after 3500 RPM
So I decided to just use it for trolling which pushed the idea of selling the FCV 588 (non chirp) and picking up the FCV 800

It’ll be really nice to have both the P66 and the TM165HW visible on the same screen for the summer trip up north. it’s a slab of a unit, though

.I had to beef up the mount to hold it steady on the gunnel

View attachment 107751
Please beef it up again with something other than nasty a$$ plywood….

Ha ha… that “nasty arse plywood “ you refer to is near and dear to my heart…I’ve installed it and removed it from 5 separate boats now so it’s got sentimental value, especially those beat up fish that have prolly had 30 coats of varnish put on them over the last two decades….

the more burly beefing up I did was to bolt on a spiffy new Johnny Ray that could prolly support a 16” chartplotter if you wanted something like that out on your dance floor…

IMG_2303.jpeg

Thanks for having my back, Bucket….that nasty a$$ plywood comment gored me and had me licking my wounds ….. so for grins (and to get my self-esteem back ) I went into the picture library and was able to find that same plywood mount on some of the earlier boats I owned …memory lane for sure…there it is mounted on the starboard gunnel of a couple of them

And a shameless opportunity to sneak in a big fish picture with that mount that just happens to be in the background…..

IMG_0009.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0776.jpeg
    IMG_0776.jpeg
    106.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1736.jpeg
    IMG_1736.jpeg
    240.6 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Picked up a JRC radar system from marketplace for a super good price from an older gentleman has an astonishing 43 hours on it older unit but works perfect and pretty mint shape I’m happy with it I do plan on upgrading in a few years but this will work just fine for now better to have something than nothing I figure.
View attachment 107625
Great little unit, ran one for 5-6 year and sold it was still doing its job

Needed a sounder Plotter for my rear deck so instead of spending $3k and wiring in a new unit I got a free IPad from my brother and bluetoothed it to the Garmin in my cabin via Active Captain. Total cost just over $100. Waterproof case and suction mount.
Ended up with a fully functional touch screen unit.

Back